Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 6:31:23 PM EDT

Howdy again all !

I might be getting a job interview in Williamson County soon. There is no way I could
live in Travis County. Are the counties in the subject line far enough away from Travis
County? So far from my reading, I have picked Burnet as the most suitable county.

Thanks in advance, and FJB
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilco used to be pretty conservative, but a lot of riff raff DUMBcrats moved into Round Rock and Cedar Park, plus North west Austin is in Wilco. In 2016 Wilco went for President Trump, in 2020 slightly went for Pedo Joe. The new sheriff here is a DUMBocrat, already 30 deputies quit in the first two weeks since the asshole took over.

What city in Wilco is the Job?

ETA: Went over to Lakeline Mall this evening. Used to be the homeless camps stopped at the Wilco county line. Now the homeless under 183 are up to Cedar Park. This just in the last month.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wilco used to be pretty conservative, but a lot of riff raff DUMBcrats moved into Round Rock and Cedar Park, plus North west Austin is in Wilco. In 2016 Wilco went for President Trump, in 2020 slightly went for Pedo Joe. The new sheriff here is a DUMBocrat, already 30 deputies quit in the first two weeks since the asshole took over.

What city in Wilco is the Job?
View Quote

Pert dern near Georgetown. I'm hoping Burnet will be where we end up if i get the job.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Burnet county is about 85% red. It is about a 45 minute commute to Georgetown and less than 30 minutes from five different lakes. Unfortunately, it is causing housing prices here to rise, although there are still some deals to be had.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Fifth generation Texan.  My GG grandparents immigrated to Travis County in 1850 thru 1870 (German & Swede).  Wife and I will retire soon and, sadly, we have to leave our home because of the fucking commies here.  Burnet is not far enough away.  Williamson is definitely too close.  Llano, Mason, McCullogh, Gillespie, or Kimble Counties are options.  I feel for those folks raising families in the Austin metro area.

(EDIT:  Burnet County would be acceptable for you as of today.  Plenty of new small acreage neighborhoods near Lake Buchanan.  One of my co-workers commutes from Inks Lake below the Buchanan dam.  45 min to 1 hour commute to Round Rock IH35 & SH45)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
If I were looking at Georgetown for work, I'd aim for the Jarrell area. Still affordable, conservative, but close enough to where you wanna be. Georgetown is exploding, as is Wilco.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all so much for the replies ! Now, just got to hope I get a job there
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Burnet is growing fast now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all so very much for replying to my post. Knowing an area before you arrive there,
and getting it straight first-hand from those who are of a similar mind to one's self is invaluable !

I am now focusing on Burnet & Milam counties, as those 2 look like good possibilities. Milam
is a 2A sanctuary county, so that is great news !

There is probably going to be a lot of that purchased & shared very soon, because I am almost
certain now that I will be flying out for an interview in the next 3-4 weeks.

My politics are such that I make Gen. John Stark look like a far-left private  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
What about Lampasas?

Just kidding Lampasas is to far... stay away it sucks. To much meth.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Your right Burnet is growing fast and its growth is more liberal its a shame. I have lived just outside the Burnet city limits for 12 years now. I came from California and left all the CA BS in CA.

I was born and raised in Southern California about 30 miles east of LA. It was great wide open hunting fishing great times growing up in the 70-80 there.

Its a shame that the exact same  thing is going on in Burnet Tx as went on in California when I was growing up.

I don't think there is anywhere left to bunker down for the last 20-30 years of my lifetime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top