Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2020 12:15:00 AM EDT
Will Elephant Butte be open on Memorial Day?.
I think other parks will be open
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The Governor is having a press conference tomorrow @ 1600.

I got a feeling the stay-at-home order is going to be extended till June 1. Numbers just keep going up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Heat and UV kill bacteria and viruses, so NO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
According to NM State Parks, only the following parks are open:

Cimarron Canyon State Park
Ute Lake State Park
Brantley Lake State Park
Sumner Lake State Park
Caballo Lake State Park
Cerrillos Hills State Park
Storrie Lake State Park
Villanueva State Park

Apparently part of their criteria for reopening a park is their ability to control the number of people at the park, and they say Elephant Butte is closed because of it's potential for large gatherings.

From NM State Parks:
Elephant Butte Lake State Park (Park) remains closed due to the potential for large gatherings in the Park as the order prohibiting mass gatherings remains in effect to reduce the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Accessing the Park from State Parks managed property is prohibited during this closure, and access to the lake surface within park boundaries is also prohibited.
View Quote

I doubt very seriously it'll be open.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Man this F'ing bitch needs to go, everything you can do OUTSIDE is shut the fuck down.

Fuck her, and her fucking mask.

WILL NOT COMPLY
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
There are other lakes that are open Caballo and others

Why not Elephant Butte??

I and others will rember next election
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top