Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2020 2:19:39 PM EDT
she said their VP of Safety etc told them that the police are pulling haulers & trucks over asking for their papers....

Washington County
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Lancaster is now on lockdown. Does this mean I can't go to my cabin in Huntingdon?  Always take the turnpike.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
York on lockdown too. Business as usual for me since I'm still working. Everything that was open all this week will still be open. They are just trying to crack down on everyone running around looking for things to do and breaking up groups of people I guess. This whole shut down is a joke as far as keeping people in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
a lot of movement up here on the edge of Lackawanna and Wayne....but I'm an essential employee so work is business as usual.

what is the justification they use for a stop?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lancaster is now on lockdown. Does this mean I can't go to my cabin in Huntingdon?  Always take the turnpike.
View Quote

You can go to your other residences, outdoor activities etc.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Fayette and go up into Westmorland, things are pretty normal here, restaurants / bars seem like to only thing shut down.  Not hearing of anyone getting pulled over.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Lancaster county here.  "Locked down".

One building where I work is closed.  We may follow shortly.  I have my papers from the Ministry of Travel and Containment but that doesn't help on the weekend if I'm nowhere near home or work.  

I'm gonna go drive around just to see what happens.

ETA: Plenty of people waking around the neighborhood.  Grocery store's parking lots look normal.  Traffic was a little lighter than usual but not unheard of for a cold, rainy Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought about driving around with respirator, helmet and goggles.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
"Im going to get food"
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
she said their VP of Safety etc told them that the police are pulling haulers & trucks over asking for their papers....

Washington County
View Quote

Thats because the police dont know those vehicles are an essential  business.   once they figure out what those industry specific vehicles look like, you wont have that issue.
Nice thing is, they dont stop any of us for speeding and the scales are closed.

They have been stopping people walking in DT Pittsburgh asking for theirs for a week.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Any issues with a Virginia plated vehicle transiting PA en route to VA. Staying on 81 most of the way...
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any issues with a Virginia plated vehicle transiting PA en route to VA. Staying on 81 most of the way...
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I work in LE......in Luzerne County.....and we are at "stay at home"............not lock down, but no one is pulling anyone over asking for papers. I scan several zones besides the one I'm working in and again, no one is pulling anyone over. And the "asking for papers" isn't happening either as there would be no way to verify that the supposed company issuing the the "papers" is legit........or that the person holding them is really an "essential" person.

Anyone with a computer can whip up an "official looking paper" in 5 minutes. And no papers are needed to go to the store, the gas station, etc. So why even bother pulling someone over when they can say they are running down to the local gas/convenience store to pick up a gallon of milk.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I work in LE......in Luzerne County.....and we are at "stay at home"............not lock down, but no one is pulling anyone over asking for papers. I scan several zones besides the one I'm working in and again, no one is pulling anyone over. And the "asking for papers" isn't happening either as there would be no way to verify that the supposed company issuing the the "papers" is legit........or that the person holding them is really an "essential" person.

Anyone with a computer can whip up an "official looking paper" in 5 minutes. And no papers are needed to go to the store, the gas station, etc. So why even bother pulling someone over when they can say they are running down to the local gas/convenience store to pick up a gallon of milk.
View Quote

Our county is locked down and it is happening.
They are also enforcing the closed business rules.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What county are you in?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What county are you in?
View Quote

We're both in Washington County
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Im Getting my permission slip today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I received my permission slip today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

No county is "locked down". It's requested to stay at home. No one is being stopped because they are out and no "permission slips" are needed for anything.

Luzerne County is one of the counties where people are requested to stay at home.

This is copied from Commonwealth of PA web site in regards to the  virus;

Are people going to be cited for leaving their homes?

No. People will not be cited for leaving their homes.

Additionally, people are not required to carry written authorization to travel for the purposes allowed under the order.

https://www.pa.gov/guides/responding-to-covid-19/#StayatHomeOrder
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No county is "locked down". It's requested to stay at home. No one is being stopped because they are out and no "permission slips" are needed for anything.

Luzerne County is one of the counties where people are requested to stay at home.

Additionally, people are not required to carry written authorization to travel for the purposes allowed under the order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wolf has 33 countys on lockdown and has ordered people to stay home.

There is   no request.

essential workers carry papers because the cops ARE questioning us.
Maybe you need to tell your cop buddies to stop the fishing.

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#21]
They pull over trucks all the time at the south bound 79 between Labratory and Lone Pine at the old rest stop.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They pull over trucks all the time at the south bound 79 between Labratory and Lone Pine at the old rest stop.
View Quote

Not for the past two weeks.
That old rest stop is where the southbound weigh station is located since they started the construction between bridgeville and Southpoint. It used to be in the rest stop there...

What you are seeing is totally normal.  It happens on every highway, everyday, except in the rain. DOT cops rarely work in the rain.

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#23]
We have tons of trucks and chase cars doing numerous trips all over the east coast. No stops or checkpoints or anything going on.

Maybe just one local department but it’s def not legal.

Hell even if stopped you can just say you are going out for food or going for a walk in the woods. No papers needed for that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#25]

While people should stay home unless essential or need to go to an essential business, what that cop did was trolling for revenue.  Low risk driving like that woman was doing should not require any government intervention.  I do hear people railing down 581 on bikes and even performance cars (I never hear traffic from 581) taking advantage of the traffic free roads and that behavior should be stopped because the chances of them crashing and further burdening the hospitals/emergency response.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I live near the DE/PA border and DSP has multiple checkpoints set up and are pulling over anyone with out of state plates and turning them around.  They're also in shopping center parking lots telling people to get back in their cars and shop in their home state under threat of arrest.  Covered on the news as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#27]
wolf said ok to go walking, hiking etc... so how they going to cite somebody for going somewhere to walk, hike etc ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I live near the DE/PA border and DSP has multiple checkpoints set up and are pulling over anyone with out of state plates and turning them around.  They're also in shopping center parking lots telling people to get back in their cars and shop in their home state under threat of arrest.  Covered on the news as well.
View Quote

If me from even a month ago read that there is absolutely no way I'd believe it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
wolf said ok to go walking, hiking etc... so how they going to cite somebody for going somewhere to walk, hike etc ?
View Quote

I guess from anyone who admits something different. Kind of like normal life half the time. People talk themselves into tickets.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let me guess, the shopping center just off Route 92 (Naamans Road) with the Total Wine, Home Depot, KFC/Taco Bell, Wawa and Tobacco Express, right?    Everything a body needs in one place!  

I grew up (on the PA side) in that area and remember the days when the Total Wine was "Liquor World"  ....
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Let me guess, the shopping center just off Route 92 (Naamans Road) with the Total Wine, Home Depot, KFC/Taco Bell, Wawa and Tobacco Express, right?    Everything a body needs in one place!  

I grew up (on the PA side) in that area and remember the days when the Total Wine was "Liquor World"  ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative, though that Boothwyn/Claymont area is being shown in news coverage as an example.  I don't drink alcohol, but I know of people in PA who drive 30 minutes every week just to go to that Total Wine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I go walking at least 4 times a day. Nobody better say a thing, unless Mr. Wolf wants to clean up the dog poop and pee in my apartment. Besides, I'm finally getting the exercise I need.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Negative, though that Boothwyn/Claymont area is being shown in news coverage as an example.  I don't drink alcohol, but I know of people in PA who drive 30 minutes every week just to go to that Total Wine.
View Quote

Gotcha.  It is a good store regardless of the situation. Best whiskey selection for miles around.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#34]
We have a cabin in Pike county and was supposed to open it up this month but who knows when I can travel without getting in trouble.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I drive 6 days a week, average an hour each way. I have my letter stating I do home nursing, I'm good. But I haven't seen anybody pulled over, nobody from our company has been stopped, and haven't even seen any popo on the roads lately.

ETA: should've said, I'm in Berks, travel to the far end of Lancaster County and Lebanon County.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We have a cabin in Pike county and was supposed to open it up this month but who knows when I can travel without getting in trouble.
View Quote

I'm in a similar boat. Family cabin about an hour and a half away, needs some work and if it's going to be done this year the first part I need to do is time-sensitive. I wouldn't think anything of it really except that I'm probably going to be pulling a small backhoe on a trailer so I can't just say I'm going to the grocery store.

I'll probably still go for it though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm in a similar boat. Family cabin about an hour and a half away, needs some work and if it's going to be done this year the first part I need to do is time-sensitive. I wouldn't think anything of it really except that I'm probably going to be pulling a small backhoe on a trailer so I can't just say I'm going to the grocery store.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys won’t have problems and can legally travel to homes you own here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Saw a PSP Trooper in WaWa this morning, he said some areas there are people being pulled over, but not many and not in my area anyway. He seemed like he didn't like the idea, but admitted there was some stops being made.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You guys won't have problems and can legally travel to homes you own here.
View Quote
Good deal!
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:20:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't know if I'd want to head towards the hottest area in the country. I guess if you don't come into contact with anyone, while up there, you should be GTG.
A lot of NYers fleeing the city to PA.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don't know if I'd want to head towards the hottest area in the country. I guess if you don't come into contact with anyone, while up there, you should be GTG.
A lot of NYers fleeing the city to PA.
View Quote
While this won't be until the end of the month or early May, I will hardly be around anyone.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#42]
It's your constitutional right to travel, even between states. Don't let the gov push you around.

The flu season even with corona calculated on is on the very weak side numbers wise. Shits a fucking lie, numbers on the other hand don't lie.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I am heading from Va up the Pike County to check and open up my place this weekend. Any new orders or issues that prevent that that I did not see?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#44]
No problem. I have been to my cabin twice and I am goint to Potter County this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am heading from Va up the Pike County to check and open up my place this weekend. Any new orders or issues that prevent that that I did not see?
View Quote

No problem.

They were messing with people early on.
Now they avoid interacting with the public.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top