Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The arrest warrant affidavit signed last week by Judge Kevin M. Shea included a sworn statement from Martin's wife, who said Martin hid his guns from the police after she called 911 to report the alleged assault back in April. She said he owned the automatic rifle, a .45 pistol and a shotgun, and that he uses his mother's Rhode Island address so he doesn't have to pay car taxes or register the guns in Connecticut.

Martin's wife said he purchased the automatic rifle in Rhode Island after she got him a $200 gift certificate about five years ago.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Forget about what guns he had for a minute. There are two angles here.

The first question is, did he actually assault his wife?  if so, shame on him for that reason alone.

If he didn't assault her, then she lied and took advantage of "red flag" legislation to get back at him for whatever other reason.  Which proves "red flags" are being abused as we speak.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If he didn't assault her, then she lied and took advantage of "red flag" legislation to get back at him for whatever other reason.  Which proves "red flags" are being abused as we speak.
View Quote

They won't call it an abuse of red flag, they'll say red flag worked because they got an evil illegal AW and LCM off the streets. There is obviously more to this story beyond the crappy writing by the author of that article. I'd assume, based on that poor article, that the paperwork to confiscate his guns under red flag was filed but the guy hid his contraband guns instead. Being tattled on by one's angry spouse or angry significant other was something that has been warned about for ages, in the wake of both on Red Flag expansions and the Sandy Hook AWB/LCM expansion.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They won't call it an abuse of red flag, they'll say red flag worked because they got an evil illegal AW and LCM off the streets. There is obviously more to this story beyond the crappy writing by the author of that article. I'd assume, based on that poor article, that the paperwork to confiscate his guns under red flag was filed but the guy hid his contraband guns instead. Being tattled on by one's angry spouse or angry significant other was something that has been warned about for ages, in the wake of both on Red Flag expansions and the Sandy Hook AWB/LCM expansion.
View Quote

Since the state will likely allow red flag abuse without repercussions, I guess the lesson here is don't let anyone know about your possessions
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since the state will likely allow red flag abuse without repercussions, I guess the lesson here is don't let anyone know about your possessions
View Quote

With a wife like that...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't date, don't get married .

If you meet potential hot girlfriend / boyfriend and you get a weird feeling about them - run away.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you meet potential hot girlfriend / boyfriend and you get a weird feeling about them - run away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely, truth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top