Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2020 8:36:51 AM EDT
LEOs slash tires of hundreds of cars during protests

I'm trying to parse the word salad that officials gave in response to this video.

So LEOs cut tires for every car they saw?

Maybe a LEO here can better explain because this looks like a real dick move.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw a video of them pepper spraying people as they drove by groups of protestors (not rioting) out of the squad car windows. MPD not getting the optics of this kind of crap apparently.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#2]
In a riot, you commonly flatten the tires of abandoned vehicles as you pass to prevent the vehicles from becoming weapons to strike from behind the riot squad by a stay behind agitator hidden nearby.

In Iraq, I would used a thermite grenades for this purpose.

18Z50..Your revolution solution!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In a riot, you commonly flatten the tires of abandoned vehicles as you pass to prevent the vehicles from becoming weapons to strike from behind the riot squad by a stay behind agitator hidden nearby.

View Quote

Seems reasonable in a combat zone, but a little sketchy to intentionally damage and disable the private property of citizens when your job description is “protect and serve”.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Seems reasonable in a combat zone, but a little sketchy to intentionally damage and disable the private property of citizens when your job description is “protect and serve”.
View Quote

Cars parked legally in a Kmart intimidate LEOs like a hot blonde in a nightie.

"Officer Friendly"
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounded like the MSP was doing it, and other LE Agencies followed suit?
But, the one blip said it was for vehicles that had "supplies", but I question a member of the press corps would have 'supplies".

What ever comes of the this it was complete and utter fecal matter display on all parties side.
LE for not protecting property, not protecting other first responders (fire).
The people took advantage of the situation and wreck innocent people's lives and livelihoods. What did that accomplish?
Then you have the people that should have been in control sooner?
The Mayor, The Governor, and others in the same pipe line!

The governor was really bright saying the people causing problem were terrorists.  A business has to get a rider to be covered for terrorist actions!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Another interesting tidbit I heard was that a majority of the cars in that Kmart parking lot that had their tires punctured were rental cars from the airport. Why would locals be renting cars from the airport?

I mean, why would those from out of town be here to simply riot? Hmmmm.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I heard they were all white supremacists.  The governor told me so.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, I heard they were all white supremacists.  The governor told me so.
View Quote

I also heard the MN State Patrol leader argue against conceal carry, MSRs, and more than 10rd mags.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
If the government said it, it must be true.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I also heard the MN State Patrol leader argue against conceal carry, MSRs, and more than 10rd mags.
View Quote

The State Patrol sure laid down yesterday when the protestors vandals toppled the Christopher Columbus statue.  Pathetic.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems like they were rentals because they were press.

Not sure why they don't just cut the valve stems. Seems like it would be quicker than stabbing the tire over and over, and cheaper when the city has to reimburse everyone for all the tires they slashed...
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The State Patrol sure laid down yesterday when the protestors vandals toppled the Christopher Columbus statue.  Pathetic.
View Quote

Yup... But, they all answer to Gov-stupid.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you cite other riots inside the USA where this tactic was used?

Also, people need to be in the vehicle to drive them, in the instances I saw, the police were lined up somewhat near the vehicle, should have been pretty easy to prevent someone from getting into them.  AND, as the police were pretty close, a person who DID get in and start the car even with 4 flat tires could have put it in D and stomped on the gas and still sent the vehicle crashing into police.

I think it was police striking out, and getting caught, then putting forth a generic answer.  Answer seemed to more address putting spike strips up to stop an out of control speeder
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounded like the MSP was doing it, and other LE Agencies followed suit?
But, the one blip said it was for vehicles that had "supplies", but I question a member of the press corps would have 'supplies".

View Quote

Yes, I saw that.  Seems that if a car had supplies viable to rioters, that the police would want to smash the windows and get the supplies out, not just flatten the tires and leave the supply cache at the location of the unrest
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I also heard that the majority of people arrested in the Cities during the first night of the riots weren't Minnesotans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another interesting tidbit I heard was that a majority of the cars in that Kmart parking lot that had their tires punctured were rental cars from the airport. Why would locals be renting cars from the airport?

I mean, why would those from out of town be here to simply riot? Hmmmm.....

I also heard that the majority of people arrested in the Cities during the first night of the riots weren't Minnesotans.
Once the data came in, nope, mainly from Minnesota, smattering from WI and IL
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Yea, if they would have done that to my car I would be on a mission to repay them back 1,000 fold.  That is total BS.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yea, if they would have done that to my car I would be on a mission to repay them back 1,000 fold.  That is total BS.
View Quote

Out of curiosity, what does repaying them “1,000 fold” look like?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4,000 cop car tires. The math is pretty simple.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw what appeared to be QRF dropping tires on one red car that appeared to be parked in the street. Not a parking lot or any marking that indicate a parking area. As for the Kmart lot full of slashed tired. Highly unlikely it was  police. more likely it was valdals as Kmart is in straight up low rent ghetto area. I am from Mpls so I know exactly what that area is like and I stay the EFF out of it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I am familiar with these incidents - totally unaware of this technique.

I suspect there is more to the story. Just my 2 cents. I am skeptical of this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top