User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2020 4:20:44 PM EDT
What the fuck is going on.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Because they can.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Just think, there are people who will willingly sign up for that crap......
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The new iphone update contains it. Pic sums it up. Dont feel like going through the trouble of posting a screen shot.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/iOS-13-5-is-straight-up-1984-/5-2330046/
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It contains the backend for developers to create an app to use the info, you still have to download the govt's app and opt into allowing it to interface.  Not that they haven't been spying for years or other apps don't already do that.  I suggest deleting any social media or banking app from your phone if you're truly worried about the information being collected from it.  

I'm not saying this is great or that you shouldn't be worried, everyone absolutely should be, but what I am saying is this is a small drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact tracing has been around for decades and is performed by County Health departments. When I had TB in 1961 (Georgia) and again in 1968 (Ohio) I was asked where I had been and who did I see. This is to protect people (or should I have let your sisters catch it from smooching on them?).  I do agree that phone/app tracing is NOT the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It contains the backend for developers to create an app to use the info, you still have to download the govt's app and opt into allowing it to interface.  Not that they haven't been spying for years or other apps don't already do that.  I suggest deleting any social media or banking app from your phone if you're truly worried about the information being collected from it.  

I'm not saying this is great or that you shouldn't be worried, everyone absolutely should be, but what I am saying is this is a small drop in the bucket.
View Quote

For now.  How long do you really think it'll be before they make it work without the app, without you being able to turn it off?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I still use an old flip phone... no text, no data... good luck tracking me
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For now.  How long do you really think it'll be before they make it work without the app, without you being able to turn it off?
View Quote

Yeah I'm not touching on the conspiracy theories, but like I said if you're that worried about them being able to see where you're going, better start using the flip one with no battery and wrapped in foil, while driving your carbureted car because privacy is a thing of the past (go ahead and guess what I do for a living lol).  Oh and have some fake plates on said car (ALPR).

Hell just replying to this post is giving away some info, but its all about calculated risk for a given objective.  Like I said I'm not inviting them into my life, but also not pretending that this is their way of hacking into phones to track people when it's already been a thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top