Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2023 2:28:39 PM EDT
Would you help me with getting a law change that pretains to hunting?  I'd like to see the use of High Racks allowed in the state of Colorado to hunt/shoot furbearing animals as well as other small game.

If you're not sure what one is, here is a random picture I grabbed off the net.

Essential, just a chair that is mounted in the bed of a pickup or even UTV, that can be shot from.  Right now, it is illegal to do this and I'd like to get that changed.

I've already emailed my Republican Rep and my friend has emailed his, but I'm sure it will take more than just two of us.

Anyone willing to help?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What exactly is the benefit of this?

Why do they use them in TX?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it should be illegal but I have a hard time thinking about how you would use it without being within 100 yards of a road unless you're on private property.

Unless there's public hunting grounds that allow vehicles off the road or pull offs?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think it should be illegal but I have a hard time thinking about how you would use it without being within 100 yards of a road unless you're on private property.

Unless there's public hunting grounds that allow vehicles off the road or pull offs?
View Quote

Yeah that would be completely useless where I hunt.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Get out and walk.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess it depends on your definition of fun.

Lots of Texans come to Breck, Monarch, Copper...etc to ski.
Almost all of the ones I've talked to on the lifts say how lucky we are to be able to spend more than a few days in the mountains each year. They have to drive 16 hours or fly here. We can be at resorts in an hour or two, meaning we can easily have 20+ days per year on the slopes.

Regarding hunting, it's crowded on public land. Even my 12 old daughter prefers to hike 5+ miles into wilderness at 11,000' to get away from the crowds.

That truck would be cool if you own tons of private land.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
No.  That's a solution looking for a problem.  Bad idea Hoss.  Work on it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Texas has fields full of hogs.  CO does not.  Hogs are basically medium sized game that's regulated like small game, so the concept of whack-a-mole hunting works there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top