Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2021 4:01:17 AM EDT
Why would the CA DFG want us to fill out forms to bring out of state game home?

I normally don't pay much attention to their emails, but for some reason I was curious about this last one.

It is a public comment period on this proposed change.

https://wildlife.ca.gov/Notices/Regulations/Import

The web article talks in circles about the impacts and that they think it is consistent with their codes to just write more regulations.

"The Legislature has delegated authority to the Department to adopt regulations prescribing
the form and manner of the required Declaration of Importation. The Department has
reviewed existing regulations in Title 14, CCR, and finds that the proposed regulations are
neither inconsistent nor incompatible with existing State regulation. Department staff have
searched the CCR and has found no other State regulations that set forth these requirements."

What this doesn't say is how they will use or store this information, or what happens if someone is stopped and found with out of state game.
Will filling out the form mean you won't get pulled over and searched, or will it mean your plate will get flagged as you return from a hunt and cross into the state?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d imagine if you’re stopped and found with an out of state deer without the right paperwork you’d be looking at a ticket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top