Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2020 8:52:30 PM EDT
$90k average salary, mostly teaching jobs.  You'd think some local folks would want those jobs.

UAB employs 200+
https://www.myvisajobs.com/H1B-Visa/Search.aspx?CI=570339&O1=Employer&O2=Job_Title&Y=2019&PN=3

University of Alabama employs 80+, including an Assistant Coach.
https://www.myvisajobs.com/H1B-Visa/Search.aspx?Y=2019&CI=547216

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Because as long as they're allowed by the Fed government, companies including for profit universities will continue to import cheaper 3rd world shithole labor

Even Trump won't stop this atrocity from happening.   It's a lost cause it seems.   Appreciate the heads up though.  

War Eagle, but I'm sure my school isn't clean either.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Because the goal is to replace the native population in every way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
When I worked in research at UAB, I'd guess they foreign outnumbered the natives by three to one. Chinese post docs mainly.  They also did all the grunt work. They were less expensive and worked 16 hour days and often weekends. I often wondered if they went home at all.

I always thought it fishy (other than the stank food they brought in for microwaving) that foreigners often had total run of the place 24/7.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Liberals hate America so they don't mind bringing in Saboteurs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#5]
UAB is eaten up with PC. They’ve had a Veep of equity and diversity for 15 years now. It’s basically an ideological purity test that all faculty must submit to as being a part of the state/federal system. They have to fill out highly invasive paperwork that lists all sources of income, family relationships and affiliations etc. Its a federally mandated shitshow that moves people with the least capability into positions of power.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UAB is eaten up with PC. They’ve had a Veep of equity and diversity for 15 years now. It’s basically an ideological purity test that all faculty must submit to as being a part of the state/federal system. They have to fill out highly invasive paperwork that lists all sources of income, family relationships and affiliations etc. Its a federally mandated shitshow that moves people with the least capability into positions of power.
View Quote

I left over 15 years ago and I recall one of their mandatory "reeducation" courses on sexual harassment/sensitivity.  My usual greeting for female coworkers has mostly been: "Good Morning, Girls."  Anytime in life when I have called a woman a "girl", I have never received negative feedback. If she is closer to being a girl she will not take insult. Throw that greeting at retirement aged women and you always get a warm greet back. Often a blushy smile. Found out in that class that referring to female colleagues is sexist. Instructor just came shy of telling us to refer to women as "comrades". That cow and her cucky assistant looked like a couple of comrades.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
It's all about the money.

A lot of those foreigners are enrolled in some sort of classes and pay more tuition than the locals, in-state and out-of-state. So, a double benefit. Higher income in (tuition payments), and less wages out (payroll).

When I graduated from Auburn University in 1985, my entire graduating class (all schools / colleges) was done in 1 day and was only about 5% foreigners. When my younger son graduated from Auburn in 2018, his part of the graduation class (now done in multiple days) was about 40% foreigners, mainly Asian / Chinese.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So it's like so many other aspects of society.  Virtue signaling, and identity politics trumps qualification and merit.

Rome is truly falling.  This nation wasn't built on incompetence, affirmative action, and virtue signaling, but that's who's at the driving wheel currently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top