Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2020 1:55:10 AM EDT
Some day in the next 10 years my wife and I plan on leaving Arizona and moving some place that isn't a cultural colony of California. I was looking at the areas around SLC on zillow and noticed that with 109 results EVERY SINGLE ONE was either in pre-foreclosure, foreclosure or auction status. What's up with that?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just did a search for 84109, which is East Millcreek and Holladay. It showed 43 listings. 8 were pre-foreclosure.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Some day in the next 10 years my wife and I plan on leaving Arizona and moving some place that isn't a cultural colony of California. I was looking at the areas around SLC on zillow and noticed that with 109 results EVERY SINGLE ONE was either in pre-foreclosure, foreclosure or auction status. What's up with that?
View Quote

Yeah, in about 10 years the entirety of the Salt Lake Valley (and likely most of Utah County) will be just that.

You need to be looking at central Utah to get away from Californication, especially that far into the future.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I’d look to the north.  I’m in Brigham City and we love it here.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Forget about SLC.  It's very liberal.  Utah county is more conservative, but with all of the growth that's changing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd look to the north.  I'm in Brigham City and we love it here.
View Quote

Quoted:
Forget about SLC.  It's very liberal.  Utah county is more conservative, but with all of the growth that's changing.
View Quote

As a current resident in the Salt Lake Valley, I agree with both of these statements. I would probably not buy a house today in the valley. Maybe Herriman or Riverton, but it's getting pretty spendy.

If I was retiring, I'd try Heber City or Kamas, or the very south end of Utah County.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As a current resident in the Salt Lake Valley, I agree with both of these statements. I would probably not buy a house today in the valley. Maybe Herriman or Riverton, but it's getting pretty spendy.

If I was retiring, I'd try Heber City or Kamas, or the very south end of Utah County.
View Quote

I don't think I'd do Summit County. Maybe Wasatch. Honestly, at this point, if I were retiring, I'd look in Juab County, Carbon County, Emery County, Duchesne or Uintah counties. Personally I want to live on some land in the sticks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL not heber...its the new park city since park city is too expensive now. billionaires kicking out the millionaires
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top