Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 3:32:56 PM EDT
I'm at the LGS and there is lots of talk about the new restrictive bills they are trying to get passed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard anything about them. Are they the same ones that get held for  further study every year?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't heard anything about them. Are they the same ones that get held for  further study every year?
View Quote

I'm sure they are the same or similar and most likely so.e new stuff.

They were introduced  (not sure if that is the correct term to use) on January 19, 2017.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What LGS?

I saw the post from RI Gun Blog on facebook about the bills. 10 round limit no grandfather clause.  Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to visit any LGS or the gun club recently to hear anything further about it. With all the winning President Trump is accomplishing with the rest of the country we can't become complacent here at home.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What LGS?

I saw the post from RI Gun Blog on facebook about the bills. 10 round limit no grandfather clause.  Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to visit any LGS or the gun club recently to hear anything further about it. With all the winning President Trump is accomplishing with the rest of the country we can't become complacent here at home.
View Quote

Cranston Gun and Coin.

They had a print out of the additions to the current gun laws.

Mag Cap limit at 10 rounds.
Gun with tube or permanently attached mags (tube mags) that hold more than 10 rounds would be illegal and must be sold out of state or give to your local PD for destruction/addition to LEO home collection.

There were a few other things too that I can't think of.

Good luck. If all works for me, I'll be out of here shortly, and settling in Tx.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't had the time to make up the annual gun law thread I've done over the past couple years.

If you all would like me to make and maintain the thread speak up and I'll get one going.

It's going to be very easy to become complacent this year after the last sessions ending in everything being tabled, but remember Cuntmundo is still receiving money and being pressured to take away our rights.

Also, there were a lot of great gun bills last year that would have benefited not only us, but our neighbors in other states as well. Those too fell by the wayside unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it time to push for legalizing suppressors in RI ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it time to push for legalizing suppressors in RI ?
View Quote
A bill is in place for it this year.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A bill is in place for it this year.
View Quote
not going to get my hopes up, but that would be a dream come true, born and raised in RI and pretty much all my family and most of my friends are there, but will never move back unless they get some NFA action.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

not going to get my hopes up, but that would be a dream come true, born and raised in RI and pretty much all my family and most of my friends are there, but will never move back unless they get some NFA action.
View Quote
I wouldn't move back there even if they did get NFA action.  I was born & raised there.  Moved from there almost 12 years ago and have watched the state decline into a mini California/CT.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#10]
A three letter agency is backing the suppressor bill, not formally, but they are backing it. Supressor companies are being called in for demonstrations to the Legislature to show they are not like in the movies. The bill is for supressors on items over 17" in length. So no handgun supressors, but rifle supressors are something that could happen.

There is also a bill to try for reciprocity with CT and Mass as well for those with permits.

Also the antis are getting a lot of school committee support for the "No Guns in Schools" Bill, this would make it illegal for those with permits to enter on school grounds, only allowing police. The worse thing is these school committees seem to be voting on these issues with little to know heads up. For instance Warwick voted to support it last week, and I didn't even see it on the docket.

Also. The is a friends of the NRA/ILA benefit in Coventry Monday night, at Fat Bellys as a fundraiser. The RI Coa-lition against US fine people has donors willing to triple whatever is donated to their cause. So if you got some spare cash, donating this year would not be a bad investment.

When: Monday, April 17, 6-9 p.m

Where: Fat Belly’s Irish Pub and Grill, 760 Tiogue Ave, Coventry.

Suggested
Donation: $25. To comply with State finance laws we can only accept checks. Make check out to “RI NRA-PVF” and put “RI PAC” in the memo field on the check. If you cannot make it to the fund raiser, feel free to mail your check to:

NRA-ILA, Attn: Ray Smith
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030

The enemy is well funded this year guys. We need to swamp the house and Seneate this year, and support the ILA. Don't forget we are also facing a mag ban again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Just a reminder to the above!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Gents,

APRIL 25th we need to be at the statehouse!!!!

http://status.rilin.state.ri.us/documents/agenda-12655.pdf
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Bump for Tuesday!
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#14]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_54/614169_.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Both good and bad being heard folks, including a suppressor bill!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top