BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Miami_JBT would be an example of loyal and would stick to his convictions

and not screw me over for a vote or political correctness.

Can you see the difference?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:45:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's actually a Republican Party Platform since the 1940s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scott is also for making it law that the beach is private property to the high tide line.

Also, for making PR a state.

I cannot push the button for his election.

His election would just give him more time to screw me on some other things.
That's actually a Republican Party Platform since the 1940s.
what does that even mean?

oh, Peurto rico a state.   FUCK NO!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Dumb question, but if you leave an election position blank on your ballot is it just not counted or does it void the entire ballot?

I know it sounds silly, but I remember the whole hanging chad Bush/Gore bs, and they were throwing out ballots.

Ours are scanned fwiw.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
No, you can leave blank and it counts.  They also know that you're a R voter and didn't vote in that election so you're a statistic also.

The Bush/Gore thing was paper ballots where they looked for any sign at all that someone might have punched the ticket but the perforated hole didn't open all the way.  Then they started looking for any dent, mark, or just voting history to see if they could find enough votes to get Gore in.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

oh, Peurto rico a state.   FUCK NO!!!
View Quote
LOL! Hopefully you realize this has never been, and will never be, up to the mainlanders (including US-born PRs like myself) to decide.

Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
for good or ill,  we are at the point once again were we vote for some one who  is not quite what we want,  to keep some one we absolutely detest from getting into office.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Actually, we are past that point.

We are at the point where we vote for those who represent our core values and don’t, under any circumstances, vote for a charlatain that has/will sell our 2nd amendment rights down the river to further his/her career.

That’s where we are.
View Quote
That's where I'm at, I not only want to send Scott and more importantly, every sitting elected official in the state,  a symbolic message; I want them to see their treachery cost Scott his political future so they don't repeat what they've done.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I just voted for Rick Scott.  I sure as shit was not voting for Roque "Rocky" De La Fuenta.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Will prolly vote for Scott when the time comes but he is two faced.

Wat choice is there?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 4:07:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wat choice is there?
View Quote
The other choice is to cast a vote that sends a message to the Florida GOP that we won't support anti gun candidates who claim to be pro gun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The other choice is to cast a vote that sends a message to the Florida GOP that we won't support anti gun candidates who claim to be pro gun.
View Quote
In other words, vote Democrat?!?!
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As has been answered 87x before, skipping that race will send the appropriate message. If a democrat wins, so be it. We have the senate and likely will either way. Chess, not checkers.
Vote to your hearts content on the other races.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As has been answered 87x before, skipping that race will send the appropriate message. If a democrat wins, so be it. We have the senate and likely will either way. Chess, not checkers.
Must be lonely in that Ivory Tower.  GOPE won't give a shit how you voted or did not vote, when the Democrat is sworn in.  Until we get an outlier like rump, the ONLY choice is Binary: The Democratic candidate or the Republican candidate.  Any other vote or not voting is not just wasted, it is a vote for the Democrat.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wat choice is there?
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ask the unemployed schmuck R in Ga how it works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be lonely in that Ivory Tower.  GOPE won't give a shit how you voted or did not vote, when the Democrat is sworn in.  Until we get an outlier like rump, the ONLY choice is Binary: The Democratic candidate or the Republican candidate.  Any other vote or not voting is not just wasted, it is a vote for the Democrat.
If you're referring to Casey Cagle.... it was a Primary Race.

NRA candidate loses GOP Primary Race for Governor, win for Georgia gun owners.

As I reported last month; the National Rifle Association endorsed Lt. Governor Casey Cagle for Governor in the Peach State. I asked that Georgia can surely do better than Cagle. Well, he lost. And it wasn't by a small margin either. It was a major shellacking. Out of the 159 counties in Georgia, Cagle only won two of them. The good Lt. Governor even lost his own home county.

For those that wonder why the NRA endorsed candidate losing is a win for Gun Owners. Let me explain with Cagle's own history as a law maker.

*2013: SB188 (Campus Carry) was introduced twice within that legislative session but Cagle refused to allow the Georgia Senate to have a floor vote.
*2014: Cagle wanted to have 'training requirements' inserted into HB65 when the bill being debated and amended in the Conference Committee.
*2016: While hosting a forum with Georgia's religious leaders; Cagle told them that Campus Carry was not "responsible" and he "does not agree with this and other legislation being pushed upon our state."
*2017: The Georgia Legislature passed Campus Carry but Cagle said it was a "thoughtful compromise" when he allowed his College and Career Academies to remain on the exemption list.
*2017: Cagle sent SB177 (Georgia Constitutional Carry) to die in committee and blocked three additional Pro-Gun amendments to be heard in the Senate.
*2018: Cagle during an interview with the news stated "Georgia is in a very good position where our gun laws stand today, and I know of no areas where gun rights need to be expanded in the state."

The NRA backed a politician that happened to wave the NRA's flag when Delta decided to cancel its discount partnership with the NRA. Yes, Cagle is the Georgia politician who took Delta Airline's $40 million fuel tax break away. What basically happened in my humble opinion, the NRA sold out Peach State Gun Owners for someone that gave them good PR after Parkland instead of actually backing the best candidate that would actually defend the 2nd Amendment Rights of all Georgians.

Even President Trump saw through the smoke and mirror that is the GOP Establishment Swamp and backed Brian Kemp.

So why would President Trump back Brian Kemp for the GOP nomination for Governor?

It might have something to do with the leaked audio of Cagle criticizing the tone of his party's mantra and values. He said that it had become focused on "who had the biggest gun, who had the biggest truck, and who could be the craziest."

Yup, Cagle turned up his nose at the salt-of-the-earth Republican base  much as President Trump did when, as a candidate, he criticized Hillary Clinton for using the phrase "basket of deplorables" to describe many of his supporters, many that happened to be honest hard working Americans and gun owners. The recording of Cagle released earlier this month was made by Clay Tippins, one of four Republicans candidates who failed to make the runoff in the first round of voting in May. In one of the audio recordings released, Cagle can be heard saying he supported a bill that he considered to be bad policy because he thought it would stymie another rival candidate's fund-raising chances. Cagle uses the conservative cape and cowl of the GOP as a mask to hide his true stance on where WE THE PEOPLE lie when it comes to Constitutional and Civil Liberties.

Brian Kemp for his brash attitude and humor in this race is serious about making Georgia great again for its citizenry and expanding gun rights.

Brian Kemp pro gun commercial!

Kemp supports a tax-free holiday for gun buyers, backs constitutional carry, is against the gun violence restraining orders, and more importantly; he's worked closely with and was endorsed by Georgia Carry.

Georgia Carry proudly endorses Brian Kemp for governor. We believe that Brian, as a lifelong supporter of our Second Amendment rights and a Life Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org will protect and defend the Constitution of the State of Georgia and the United States on all rights, not just a few of them.

He strongly believes in the preservation and restoration of our Second Amendment rights and the protection of our due process rights enumerated in the Constitution. Our due process rights are also under attack along with our right to keep and bear arms. Many states have passed legislation diminishing due process rights and we have had several bills introduced here in GA to do the same. Without due process, we have no rights at all.

Therefore, we are endorsing Brian Kemp to defend and protect those rights as Governor of the Great State of Georgia!
For those that don't know; the NRA has been lackluster in Georgia just like their southern neighbor Florida. Peach State Gun Owners had enough and formed their own pro gun group in 2009 and have been expanding 2nd Amendment freedom while others haven't. Their endorsement of Kemp is a major sign that he is far better for gun owners.

As a Lifetime NRA Member and Florida Resident living twenty miles shy of the Georgia Border. I ask that the Board of Directors and NRA Executive Staff look real hard and deep into who they endorse and support for office. Simply backing a candidate because they gave the organization good PR isn't the best thing to do when it comes to be considered the leader in the fight for gun rights. I hope that the NRA learns from this and corrects the mistakes. Enough of the political smoke screens that are done at the state level. I know Florida and Georgia aren't the only states where the game is played and the NRA backs a weaker piece of legislation or a weaker candidate because it is an easier win.

If the NRA doesn't want to be left on the wayside of history. It needs to shape up or ship out. Because in this day and age with the way information travels at light speed; the old ways of controlling the narrative are over. The people are tired of being played by Political Elitists that look down at the common citizen as a serf to be worked and fleeced. I hope the NRA takes this to heart as does the GOP Establishment.

In the end, a man like Cagle in the governor's seat would not be beneficial to gun owners at all and I say good riddance to someone of that ilk. Good job Georgia!
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I understand the difference, my point was the people did not blindly vote with the rino leadership and nra recommendations.

Sometimes in this big scary world a man has to swim upstream......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're referring to Casey Cagle.... it was a Primary Race.

NRA candidate loses GOP Primary Race for Governor, win for Georgia gun owners.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/001-1.jpg

As I reported last month; the National Rifle Association endorsed Lt. Governor Casey Cagle for Governor in the Peach State. I asked that Georgia can surely do better than Cagle. Well, he lost. And it wasn't by a small margin either. It was a major shellacking. Out of the 159 counties in Georgia, Cagle only won two of them. The good Lt. Governor even lost his own home county.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/003.jpg

For those that wonder why the NRA endorsed candidate losing is a win for Gun Owners. Let me explain with Cagle's own history as a law maker.

*2013: SB188 (Campus Carry) was introduced twice within that legislative session but Cagle refused to allow the Georgia Senate to have a floor vote.
*2014: Cagle wanted to have 'training requirements' inserted into HB65 when the bill being debated and amended in the Conference Committee.
*2016: While hosting a forum with Georgia's religious leaders; Cagle told them that Campus Carry was not "responsible" and he "does not agree with this and other legislation being pushed upon our state."
*2017: The Georgia Legislature passed Campus Carry but Cagle said it was a "thoughtful compromise" when he allowed his College and Career Academies to remain on the exemption list.
*2017: Cagle sent SB177 (Georgia Constitutional Carry) to die in committee and blocked three additional Pro-Gun amendments to be heard in the Senate.
*2018: Cagle during an interview with the news stated "Georgia is in a very good position where our gun laws stand today, and I know of no areas where gun rights need to be expanded in the state."

The NRA backed a politician that happened to wave the NRA's flag when Delta decided to cancel its discount partnership with the NRA. Yes, Cagle is the Georgia politician who took Delta Airline's $40 million fuel tax break away. What basically happened in my humble opinion, the NRA sold out Peach State Gun Owners for someone that gave them good PR after Parkland instead of actually backing the best candidate that would actually defend the 2nd Amendment Rights of all Georgians.

Even President Trump saw through the smoke and mirror that is the GOP Establishment Swamp and backed Brian Kemp.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/002-1.jpg

So why would President Trump back Brian Kemp for the GOP nomination for Governor?

It might have something to do with the leaked audio of Cagle criticizing the tone of his party's mantra and values. He said that it had become focused on "who had the biggest gun, who had the biggest truck, and who could be the craziest."

Yup, Cagle turned up his nose at the salt-of-the-earth Republican base  much as President Trump did when, as a candidate, he criticized Hillary Clinton for using the phrase "basket of deplorables" to describe many of his supporters, many that happened to be honest hard working Americans and gun owners. The recording of Cagle released earlier this month was made by Clay Tippins, one of four Republicans candidates who failed to make the runoff in the first round of voting in May. In one of the audio recordings released, Cagle can be heard saying he supported a bill that he considered to be bad policy because he thought it would stymie another rival candidate's fund-raising chances. Cagle uses the conservative cape and cowl of the GOP as a mask to hide his true stance on where WE THE PEOPLE lie when it comes to Constitutional and Civil Liberties.

Brian Kemp for his brash attitude and humor in this race is serious about making Georgia great again for its citizenry and expanding gun rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQBENgYJxgs

Kemp supports a tax-free holiday for gun buyers, backs constitutional carry, is against the gun violence restraining orders, and more importantly; he's worked closely with and was endorsed by Georgia Carry.

Georgia Carry proudly endorses Brian Kemp for governor. We believe that Brian, as a lifelong supporter of our Second Amendment rights and a Life Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org will protect and defend the Constitution of the State of Georgia and the United States on all rights, not just a few of them.

He strongly believes in the preservation and restoration of our Second Amendment rights and the protection of our due process rights enumerated in the Constitution. Our due process rights are also under attack along with our right to keep and bear arms. Many states have passed legislation diminishing due process rights and we have had several bills introduced here in GA to do the same. Without due process, we have no rights at all.

Therefore, we are endorsing Brian Kemp to defend and protect those rights as Governor of the Great State of Georgia!
For those that don't know; the NRA has been lackluster in Georgia just like their southern neighbor Florida. Peach State Gun Owners had enough and formed their own pro gun group in 2009 and have been expanding 2nd Amendment freedom while others haven't. Their endorsement of Kemp is a major sign that he is far better for gun owners.

As a Lifetime NRA Member and Florida Resident living twenty miles shy of the Georgia Border. I ask that the Board of Directors and NRA Executive Staff look real hard and deep into who they endorse and support for office. Simply backing a candidate because they gave the organization good PR isn't the best thing to do when it comes to be considered the leader in the fight for gun rights. I hope that the NRA learns from this and corrects the mistakes. Enough of the political smoke screens that are done at the state level. I know Florida and Georgia aren't the only states where the game is played and the NRA backs a weaker piece of legislation or a weaker candidate because it is an easier win.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/004.jpg

If the NRA doesn't want to be left on the wayside of history. It needs to shape up or ship out. Because in this day and age with the way information travels at light speed; the old ways of controlling the narrative are over. The people are tired of being played by Political Elitists that look down at the common citizen as a serf to be worked and fleeced. I hope the NRA takes this to heart as does the GOP Establishment.

In the end, a man like Cagle in the governor's seat would not be beneficial to gun owners at all and I say good riddance to someone of that ilk. Good job Georgia!
I understand the difference, my point was the people did not blindly vote with the rino leadership and nra recommendations.

Sometimes in this big scary world a man has to swim upstream......
I agree on that. I'm not voting for Scott. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chess is poorly played if your opening Gambit is a forfeit.

Bill Nelson has to go.

Rick Scott sucks, but will vote with Trump on critical issues such as Supreme Court picks.

A better strategy would be to put Scott in for Nelson, then immediately begin grooming his replacement, primary him out in six years.

Scott screwed us, Nelson will screw us harder given the opportunity.

I’m not cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Want to play chess? Think past your next move.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#24]
F'it, I'ma flip a quarter until it agrees wit me!  
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bill Nelson has to go.

Rick Scott sucks, but will vote with Trump on critical issues such as Supreme Court picks.

A better strategy would be to put Scott in for Nelson, then immediately begin grooming his replacement, primary him out in six years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill Nelson has to go.

There won't be anyone to groom a replacement for Scott, instead all of those who would be grooming a replacement will be the very same people who voted in this gun control bill so they will be overjoyed that the Florida voters don't care about gun rights when it comes to voting.

I'm voting for Nelson, I'm not in the slightest bit hiding that. Scott voting for gun control sealed my decision the second he signed that bill into law. He does not deserve to be Senator of our State. If Nelson wins we get Nelson for maybe 6 more years, others have said he isn't in the greatest health, if that is the case there is a possibility of him retiring or dieing during the next erm and if so our next Governor, hopefully Putnam, will be able to appoint his replacement.

If Scott wins there is little to no chance of him getting Primaried, how often do you see a sitting Senator get ousted in a Primary, even someone as bad as McCain continues to be elected so how much of a chance is there of Scott losing a Primary after winning the seat?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I have held my nose to vote more times then I can count over the years; and frankly, I'm done with it.  I am willing to give anyone a chance to do as they say.  Violate that oath, and you're done for me.  We need principled leaders that are willing to sacrifice their own ambitions to uphold our Constitutional mandated rights.  Rick Scott has proven his own ambition is what guides his actions.  He certainly wasn't willing to fight for what's right when the heat was turned up.  That's not a leader!  I will be leaving that spot on the ballad blank if it's between him and the walking dead Nelson fellow.  Hopefully, the GOP will get it in the future.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Whats the best action to send the strongest message?

Vote D?
Leave blank?
Write in Buck Rodgers?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Write in: “None of the Above”
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuck Rick Scott.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fuck Rick Scott.
View Quote
This.

I’m thinking a write in “Molon Labe”.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Whats the best action to send the strongest message?

Vote D?
Leave blank?
Write in Buck Rodgers?
View Quote
Leave it blank for the Nelson/Scott race but vote in the other races.

ETA- or write-in a pro-2A support message.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#32]
The first time I voted, I decided to send a clear message and wrote in “Clean” Eugene McCarthy.  I had to cover my face when they swore in Jimmy Carter.

That was in 1976.  I am still waiting for either party to thank me for my Clear Message and Wake Up Call.

Since then I vote for the lessor of the two evils.  At least that way, I am not completely throwing my vote away.  For all his faults, Scott is better than another Nelson term.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The first time I voted, I decided to send a clear message and wrote in “Clean” Eugene McCarthy.  I had to cover my face when they swore in Jimmy Carter.

That was in 1976.  I am still waiting for either party to thank me for my Clear Message and Wake Up Call.

Since then I vote for the lessor of the two evils.  At least that way, I am not completely throwing my vote away.  For all his faults, Scott is better than another Nelson term.
View Quote
How so? Nelson is a useless tool bag. What exactly has he accomplished in the last 10 years?  All he does is make them sound pathetic and foolish every time he opens his mouth. In my opinion he is like a pelosi or a waters.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Write in 'A protector of The Second Amendment'

If we had enough of that or something very similar, they might catch on. The GOP can be the stupidest party sometimes, so there is a lot behind the use of the word "might".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top