Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2016 5:57:51 PM EDT
Hopefully, moving to Italy by the end of the year with the DoD. will be stationed in Aviano at the Air Force base.  Is anyone in the Italy or Swiss area?   My wife's entire family on her father's side lives outside of Naples.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:50:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#1]
Originally Posted By BlackDogFarms:
Hopefully, moving to Italy by the end of the year with the DoD. will be stationed in Aviano at the Air Force base.  Is anyone in the Italy or Swiss area?   My wife's entire family on her father's side lives outside of Naples.
View Quote

Dude, I was born in Pordenone.

Aviano is like 5km from my family in Italy. In Polcenigo.(Coltura) (best icecream in the region there)

I go there 3 times a year. Summer, Easter and Xmas.

I can show you some cool places in december, or august next year.

. but I am pretty sure your buddies there will know the area even better than me

filmed this years ago :

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea we are moving the end of this month pending my visa is processed in time.  Either way I will be there in December. That would be great to get to know the area, we literally don't know anyone there so it's going to be all new to us.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yea we are moving the end of this month pending my visa is processed in time.  Either way I will be there in December. That would be great to get to know the area, we literally don't know anyone there so it's going to be all new to us.
View Quote
@BlackDogFarns

I'll be there in August. Hope you are enjoying your stay
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:09:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackDogFarms] [#4]
Great @shung, we are thoroughly enjoying our time here. Safe travels. I will be here most of August.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:36:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Great @shung, we are thoroughly enjoying our time here. Safe travels. I will be here most of August.
View Quote
damn I was there from last tuesday to saturday. but ive been back to Geneva now.

On friday I hiked up from Coltura to Mezzomonte, im sure you recognize the view ! (aviano AFB is on the left)

it was funny. On thursday I was in a supermaket in Budoia, and there was this Interpreter explaining stuff to an apparently freshly arrived family from the USA, east coast from their accent.
God, the teens didn seem to happy too be there
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang just missed you.  I failed to meet with a ARFCOMMER from CZ a few week back too, felt terrible about that.  Yes i recognize the view, such a beautiful area.  The new arrivals you speak of have a bit of growing pains to get through but the challenge is part of the fun.  I can't imagine moving to a new country without any support.  By the way you can work on base and never step foot in an Italian place of business if YOU so CHOOSE.  Many people do it, it is unfortunate as this (6 hour radius) is some of the most beautiful and history rich part of the world. Keep in touch.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
i should be back before Xmas and for Xmas as well.

i'll let you know here, just in case !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top