Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2023 2:31:34 PM EDT
I hadn't seen any other posts yet on this one so hopefully I'm not a filthy dupe... As far as I've seen there's no restriction on ammo in the latest fuckery from Inslee and Ferguson, but RSR Group sent out a notification yesterday to WA FFLs that they're stopping all ammo and any "assault weapon" orders to Washington. I asked my sales rep what the hell the ammo restriction was about, no response yet from them. FFLs are listed as exempt from some provisions of this new idiocy (how else would we order parts and such to fix customer guns?) as long as we're not selling to Washington residents, but RSR is apparently cutting us all off from ammo as well.

Screenshot of the dealer email that they sent me yesterday:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it was updated.. This was sent yesterday.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Weird, I never got the follow-up email; thanks for posting that!
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Still weird they mention ammo.

Think they will take my FFL-03
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They required an affidavit signed prior to shipping mags. Probably just going to require a new one for parts and rifles saying you'll only sell to the kings men.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the 2nd version, never got the first version.......

RSR has also completely scrubbed (well, almost...) every firearm that would be an "AW" from the catalog.  I can't even SEE them now, it's like they don't exist.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
US Patriot Armory sent me a similar email saying "Starting today, all ammunition and any firearm considered an assault weapon under Washington law will be restricted for shipment to Washington."

Companies already jumping the gun and making the wrong assumptions.  Palmetto State already won't anything ship to dealers as of last week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Weird.. I finally got to check and they don't display lowers and AR15.. at least most of them. However they display all the 22LR variants, MP5, etc.  
I think they really don't know what the rules are fully and trying to figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird.. I finally got to check and they don't display lowers and AR15.. at least most of them. However they display all the 22LR variants, MP5, etc.  
I think they really don't know what the rules are fully and trying to figure it out.
View Quote

No rimfire rifles are banned.  I don’t see any centerfire MP5 pistols listed. Rimfire pistols with TBs are impacted though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No rimfire rifles are banned.  I don’t see any centerfire MP5 pistols listed. Rimfire pistols with TBs are impacted though.
View Quote
Im pretty sure .22s that are AW style are banned too. The "Ar15 in any form" thing, eg; s&w ar15-22. I could be completely wrong though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Any semi auto I believe gun is banned. I don't recall seeing a rim fire or 22lr exclusion
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any semi auto I believe gun is banned. I don't recall seeing a rim fire or 22lr exclusion
View Quote

Couple things about this new law.

1) it defines an AW as a centerfire rifle
2) ar15s banned in any/all forms

This language excludes semiauto rimfire. However an ar15 thats rimfire calber in included. Im still fuzzy on whether a .22 semiauto can be threaded. I know any caliber thats lever, pump or bolt can still be threaded.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The only semi auto rifle that are legal is a Ruger 10/22 and its likes and any hunting style rifles (Winchester Model 100 and Browning BAR).  Even the M1 garand is banned by features, detachable magazine definition says any detachable device that can be reloaded.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only semi auto rifle that are legal is a Ruger 10/22 and its likes and any hunting style rifles (Winchester Model 100 and Browning BAR).  Even the M1 garand is banned by features, detachable magazine definition says any detachable device that can be reloaded.
View Quote

How do you detach the mag on an M1?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How do you detach the mag on an M1?
View Quote

That’s the rub - you don’t. The 8 rd en bloc is limited by design and would make no sense to fall within scope.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#15]
M1 not mentioned by name.  CMP website says they still ship to WA as long as it goes to FFL or to your door if you have C&R.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Now I have even more reason to get my C&R.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
1240 reads:

(9) "Detachable magazine" means an ammunition feeding device that can be loaded or unloaded while detached from a firearm and readily inserted into a firearm.

This could include a box mag or clip.  I had a customer call and if he could transfer one and we said probably not, then he contacted a local gun lawyer and they said the same thing.  Problem is, they could use this against dealers in any court case.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
1240 reads:

(9) "Detachable magazine" means an ammunition feeding device that can be loaded or unloaded while detached from a firearm and readily inserted into a firearm.

This could include a box mag or clip.  I had a customer call and if he could transfer one and we said probably not, then he contacted a local gun lawyer and they said the same thing.  Problem is, they could use this against dealers in any court case.
View Quote

Yep. This is the stink with the FFL/manufacturer accountability and ban combo. Gives FBF the perfect dynamic to go nuts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I re-read HB1240, and I didn't see ammunition mentioned anywhere.

Is there a separate law that is preventing ammunition sales to individuals and wholesalers from online orders?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I re-read HB1240, and I didn't see ammunition mentioned anywhere.

Is there a separate law that is preventing ammunition sales to individuals and wholesalers from online orders?
View Quote

I haven’t heard, but if all online sales to WA end up being banned and there is no carve out for ranges, it puts the shooting world out of business.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#21]
There's ZERO ammo restrictions right now. Whoever that company is in OP is fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#22]
More than just one wholesaler has stopped ammo sales to Washington. The two biggest, RSR and Sports South are not sending ammo to retail stores until they send in more documentation.

Those two also supply many online stores with ammunition, so they can't sell there either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I haven’t heard, but if all online sales to WA end up being banned and there is no carve out for ranges, it puts the shooting world out of business.
View Quote

Perhaps the cartels will step in and contribute something positive. Instead of seeing illegals selling flowers on the side of the road I would much rather see them moving cases of 5.56
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:08:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There's ZERO ammo restrictions right now. Whoever that company is in OP is fucking retarded.
View Quote

RSR group are being massive dickheads.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Grab-a-Gun is also refusing to ship ammo to WA
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Grab-a-Gun is also refusing to ship ammo to WA
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I just unsubscribed from their email list.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Sure as heck, he's right on Grab-A-gun also restricting ammo. I put a random box of .223 ammo in my cart (no other items) and went to check out, it says there's an item in the cart they can't ship to my state.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

If any of this isn’t irreparable harm, I don’t know what is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except this is dealers being cowards or too lazy to figure out what they can or cannot ship to WA.  

Hard to say that when the law allows it, but the dealer won’t take the chance, that you have a good legal case that the law is what prevented you from buying a case of ammo.  It is clearly legal, nothing prevents you from buying ammo…

Just do business with a place that is a bit smarter I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top