Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/18/2021 7:35:49 AM EDT
The state opened the website for registration.

Vaxamillion
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Not I. Experimental garbage isn't going to go through my body. And I won't voluntarily place my name in a registry like this. Who knows what will be done with the data?

Now, if you know of a doctor who will record that I got the vaccine but squirt it into the garbage instead, I might be game for signing up. I'd even split the million with him/her if I won in that case.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure I'd take the vaccine for a guaranteed $1 million.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Or you could get covid and die from that?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I know more people that have died from heart failure 2 days after getting the shot than I know people that have died from COVID.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Funny laughs Funniest and crazy laughs Ever( try not to laugh )

Look at the statistics. 98+% (probably higher by now) of the people who get COVID "survive" it just fine. It's really more like a bad case of the flu than it is anything else.

Do people die from it? Sure, some do. But people also die from the flu, and many many other things which don't amount to a pandemic. COVID-19 was only a pandemic because it happened in an election year and helped the Democrats' agenda of cheating to oust Trump from office. There was no need to shut the economy down, and certainly no justification for the outright curtailment of essential First Amendment rights for months.

Dump DeWine. And dump any state legislator who voted against the bill (now law, thank God) that provided much-needed adult supervision to his powers. We never should have put unelected health department officials in charge of making policy for a state. But now the experiment is over, and shows just how poor a job that health officials do at public policy.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not I. Experimental garbage isn't going to go through my body. And I won't voluntarily place my name in a registry like this. Who knows what will be done with the data?

Now, if you know of a doctor who will record that I got the vaccine but squirt it into the garbage instead, I might be game for signing up. I'd even split the million with him/her if I won in that case.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is that....but if everyone else gets the shot, I should be fine..
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Dupe...
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Offer a million for the shot and I might consider it.
Wife and daughter got theirs.
I'll keep them under observation.
I'm the control group.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was a Kroger/Little Clinic in VA that injected air instead of the vaccine in patients.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/kroger-clinic-patients-given-empty-covid-19-vaccine-shots/
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 4:55:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you seen the documentary on the McDonald's Monopoly game and how it was rigged by the mob?

I think this is rigged by the gov.  

Who do you think will win the five prizes?  Here are my guesses:

1. A School teacher.  Gotta keep the teachers unions voting for you
2. A healthcare worker. They are the 'heroes' that helped us survive coronaplague
3. A single mother.  Her baby daddy left her after she cheated on him and she deserves it.
4. An aspiring artist. They can now live their life long dream of selling clay pots and have health insurance.
5. A retired autoworker. Gotta keep the UAW voting for you.

It sure as hell won't be a police officer, they are now evil according to Lebron and everyone hates them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have you seen the documentary on the McDonald's Monopoly game and how it was rigged by the mob?

I think this is rigged by the gov.  

Who do you think will win the five prizes?  Here are my guesses:

1. A School teacher.  Gotta keep the teachers unions voting for you
2. A healthcare worker. They are the 'heroes' that helped us survive coronaplague
3. A single mother.  Her baby daddy left her after she cheated on him and she deserves it.
4. An aspiring artist. They can now live their life long dream of selling clay pots and have health insurance.
5. A retired autoworker. Gotta keep the UAW voting for you.

It sure as hell won't be a police officer, they are now evil according to Lebron and everyone hates them.
View Quote

I could see this happening now that you mention it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you guys get vaccines as kids?  How about the annual flu shot?  
For a couple years in a row at work (in healthcare) I didn’t get the flu shot and my family was pretty much ‘anti vax’ with our children/babies.  All of my co-workers thought I was some crazy, hippy, tree hugger for refusing it.  
Is it just the covid vaccine you guys are worried about or do you refuse all of them?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#18]
...bread and circuses...

...get your vaccine, everybody's doing it, ...you'll be "protected", except you're really not, and you still "should wear a mask"...  

...remember masks didn't work (spring 2020), before "they work" (summer 2020), gotta keep the sheep under submission and fighting with one another...

...propagate the propaganda narrative 24/7/365 fake news media - censor/block any and all opposing views from doctors and experts, and no HCQ or therapeutics, ...only "vaccine"...

...experimental substance, ...messenger RNA, ...not approved by FDA, ...rushed to market, ...full-court press advocacy from all the usual villians in the swamp/deepstate, the NGOs, and woke hollyweird hacks...

...but, if you get it, you're extremely likely to survive just fine...   oh, and that's even with the high rate of PCR test false positives and nefarious mis-attribution of causes of death to covid-19 for people with two or more "co-morbidities" that did them in...

...oh, and the cherry on top: Fauci was funding the "gain of function" to weaponize the virus at Wuhan lab...  no biggie...

...but, hey, ..do what "they" want you to do...

...at best, ...it's probably a placebo, if it has any affect at all beyond the initial injection irritations and induced sickness that a lot get...  

..the worst, ...we don't know yet, ...but congrats to those who've gotten the "jab", ...you'll be the ones to find out!

meanwhile, here's me:

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll be part of the control group for this study.

My aunt with one lung after losing one to cancer a few years ago had Covid in Nov.  She was hospitalized for a little over a week but is back to her 14 hr day work schedule at 76 yrs old.

@viator  JM are her initials
View Quote

@safe1 Thanks for letting me know that she was sick. My brother hadn't mentioned it that I recall.

My wife and I both had COVID at Thanksgiving last year. I was hospitalized for 5 days.

She still is fatigued and can't smell or taste much. I'm fatigued all of the time.

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I think that the governor's use of taxpayer money to fund some sort of prize drawing is highly unethical and maybe even criminal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#22]
It reminds me of something that would go on in some corrupt 3rd world country, totally outside the realm of the United States.  The world wonders...

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For a couple years in a row at work (in healthcare) I didn’t get the flu shot and my family was pretty much ‘anti vax’ with our children/babies.  All of my co-workers thought I was some crazy, hippy, tree hugger for refusing it.  
Is it just the covid vaccine you guys are worried about or do you refuse all of them?
View Quote

If this vaccine was fully FDA approved, not just "emergency authorization", this would be a whole different discussion, and I might think about it.

To answer your question directly, I haven't had a flu shot in 10+ years. The only 2 years that the flu took me out happen to be the two times I did get the flu shot. My youngest usually gets the flu shot, while my oldest doesn't. The proof is in the pudding though, there is zero difference between the two of them in getting sick, and the flu shot had zero effect on prevention or length of illness. As for all the complete approved vaccines, our household is current.

There are some other family reasons I will not get this vaccine that are a bit beyond the normal, but that always should be my choice, and I shouldn't have to explain to some dumbass brainwashed government entity why, and try to make them understand when it would blow their mind what exactly I have to consider on a daily basis for my family.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes. Wife and I got both doses before all this contest was even announced. I had no side affects of the Pfizer doses and the wife was worn down after the second dose for a few hours.

Just like all vaccines, not everyone reacts the same.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For a couple years in a row at work (in healthcare) I didn't get the flu shot and my family was pretty much 'anti vax' with our children/babies.  All of my co-workers thought I was some crazy, hippy, tree hugger for refusing it.  
View Quote
Vaccinated as a kid. Didn't have a choice, since the local school and college enforced it. If I'd had the choice, I really don't know what I would have chosen and it probably wouldn't have been based on science or logic (I didn't like needles period), so it's probably better that I didn't.

I don't get an annual flu shot. The last time I got one, I got the flu and it stuck for over a week. All the years I haven't gotten one I didn't get the flu. Yeah, it could be a coincidence that I got the flu the one time I got a shot - there's not enough data points there for me to tell. However, since I don't normally get the flu anyway, I don't really see the value in me getting a flu shot.

My concern with vaccination is primarily over the COVID vaccine. It was developed hastily, didn't go through as rigorous a testing protocol as other drugs/medications, is only available via an emergency use authorization, and has no double-blind studies supporting its safety or efficacy. (Even the vitamins I take have double-blind studies supporting them, and we couldn't bother to do that for something being pushed out to everyone?) Plus we don't know what the long term side effects are. And there are too many anecdotal reports of people developing problems with blood clots and other issues for me to believe it's really safe for everybody. I'm also considering that 98%-99% or more of the people who get COVID will survive it and be just fine. Given all that, I don't see the need to be vaccinated against it. Maybe in 10-20 years when we know for sure that it's safe and effective I'll reconsider. But right now there are just too many questions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For a couple years in a row at work (in healthcare) I didn't get the flu shot and my family was pretty much 'anti vax' with our children/babies.  All of my co-workers thought I was some crazy, hippy, tree hugger for refusing it.  
View Quote
I got all my shots as a kid, and support continuing that practice.

I never get the flu shot, and very rarely get a seasonal flu.

I had covid just before Thanksgiving (the whole house tested positive), gave me a nasty headache for a day and 3 days of feeling a bit lethargic, for me it wasn't too bad.  I should have home-brew antibodies and not need a vax, so I don't plan to get it.

On top of all that, the constant bombardment of propaganda and forced messaging DEMANDING I get it when I neither need nor want it is probably the strongest driving force keeping me amongst the unclean ones.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Just curious to hear people’s thoughts on this.  Not trying to criticize or shame anybody.   Thanks for the replies guys.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I got the vaccine. They were offering it during my military physical. So I voluntarily got it. I already had covid last year but I'm really not scared of a shot that millions of people have already gotten. Especially after reading up a bit on how it works. Made me feel a bit tried the days I got it, but thats fine. I've gotten much worse vaccinations.  Like live virus smallpox.  

Honestly, the vaccine probably would have saved my uncles life. But so would the other treatments that the democrats and media blocked and said was rumors. Immediately after the inauguration, hydroxichlori-whatever was now approved for covid patients, but when my uncle was dying in the hospital they said it wasn't approved or effective. Now his kids don't have a father or main income for the family.

If I win, I'll put his kids through college, and use the press conference as a platform to speak against the games that these politicians play with people's lives and health. Heck they distilled much of the distrust in the vaccine in the first place because big bad trump was driving it.  Now it's all bidets success.

I don't care if you get the vaccine or not, but it will save lives and likely already has. Just don't judge others for getting it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm vaxed, I get flu shots too.  I'm not afraid of either COVID or the Flu, in fact I've had them both, but I think not being sick is cooler than being sick and that's pretty much as deep as it went for me.  I think that the vaccine along with the antibodies I already have will offer some protection from new variants that may come along.  That and I think that it will be required for some of the international travel that I do for work whenever that starts up again.  

I don't agree with requiring it or shaming people into getting it though.  It's kind of like motorcycle helmets, I wore one when I had a bike but I really don't care what someone else chooses to do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

We’re not anti vaccines. Most people don’t get the flu shot.

The hesitancy comes from people wanting to see more long term data before making a decision. It has t even been a year yet since trials to EUA. It’s that old saying, if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it? No, I’d like to see what happens to them first.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Already had the vax, might as well sign up.

I’ll probably take a heat round here for it, but of all the ways to “encourage” people to take the vaccine this was probably the least bad option, though I’m not sure how it’s legal from a financial standpoint.

“Vaccine passports” etc would’ve been way way worse from a constitutional/civil rights perspective.

Not saying I agree with it, but of all the bad options, it was probably the best.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got the vaccine. They were offering it during my military physical. So I voluntarily got it. I already had covid last year but I'm really not scared of a shot that millions of people have already gotten. Especially after reading up a bit on how it works. Made me feel a bit tried the days I got it, but thats fine. I've gotten much worse vaccinations.  Like live virus smallpox.  

Honestly, the vaccine probably would have saved my uncles life. But so would the other treatments that the democrats and media blocked and said was rumors. Immediately after the inauguration, hydroxichlori-whatever was now approved for covid patients, but when my uncle was dying in the hospital they said it wasn't approved or effective. Now his kids don't have a father or main income for the family.

If I win, I'll put his kids through college, and use the press conference as a platform to speak against the games that these politicians play with people's lives and health. Heck they distilled much of the distrust in the vaccine in the first place because big bad trump was driving it.  Now it's all bidets success.

I don't care if you get the vaccine or not, but it will save lives and likely already has. Just don't judge others for getting it.
View Quote
Keeping my fingers crossed that you win, bro. I'd love to see the winner use their success as a platform like this. And I absolutely agree with your last statement here - nobody should care whether or not anyone else has gotten vaccinated. That type of stuff is a personal decision, and neither governments nor other individuals should have the right to force vaccinations upon others.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm going to make a prediction that the winners will be from Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Akron and then Cincinnati. Possibly in that order.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm going to make a prediction that the winners will be from Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Akron and then Cincinnati. Possibly in that order.
View Quote

As a Clevelander I endorse this plan...  
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just hope the news does a one year followup segment on the winners.  Most lottery winners don't fare well
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I just hope the news does a one year followup segment on the winners.  Most lottery winners don't fare well
View Quote
The first question the reporter asks should be "What side effects have you experienced, if any?". I realize that a sample of 5 people means nothing, and that 12 months doesn't give us a true view of long term side effects, but it could be very telling if serious ones like blood clots pop up in some of them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would be fun exercise in schadenfruede to see if some folks mess it all up in a spectacular fashion.  While this isn't enough money for most people to quit working altogether (taxes are going to take a big chunk of it right off the bat) it's certainly enough to profoundly change most people's lives for the better.  It's also enough rope to hang oneself with as the saying goes...
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have never gotten a flu shot. I am mid-40s.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think that the governor's use of taxpayer money to fund some sort of prize drawing is highly unethical and maybe even criminal.
View Quote
I thought someone said it is Federal grant money?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That was my understanding when I talked to my State Sen office. They were going to confirm it, I haven't called back to verify.  Still Fed money is still taxpayer money, even if they're printing it from thin air.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought someone said it is Federal grant money?

That was my understanding when I talked to my State Sen office. They were going to confirm it, I haven't called back to verify.  Still Fed money is still taxpayer money, even if they're printing it from thin air.

From the bottom of their FAQs page:

https://ohiovaxamillion.com/faqs.html
Where will the money for the prizes come from?
The Ohio Department of Health is using a portion of its Coronavirus Relief Funds to fund this innovative public outreach campaign and initiative.  The U.S. Treasury, under the direction of Presidents Trump and Biden, have authorized funds for broad COVID-19 response purposes.  Ohio is using a portion of its unspent funds to share information about the availability and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and to encourage additional Ohioans to become vaccinated to stop the disease and boost our public health and continued economic recovery.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#43]
We signed up for the Vax-a-million since we were already vaccinated with J&J.  I wanted J&J over the others since it was single shot and not mRNA based.

My wife and I generally get an annual flu shot.

Random thoughts...

If you don't want to be vaccinated that's your business, but keep your diseases to yourself.

I had COVID-19 for three weeks starting after Christmas, it took nearly five months to feel normal again, taste and smell are still somewhat suppressed.

COVID-19 killed one guy I knew personally.

My sister knows a perfectly healthy young man, 30s, who came down with COVID-19 and now will be on oxygen the rest of his life.

There are tax-payers other than US residents / citizens; still, it's crummy that tax money is used for this.

The whole reaction was corrupt from top to bottom, it's yet another way to make a few wealthier at the expense of everyone else.

Politicians and health directors and social media platforms pushing this or that, and everyone involved, or expressing any opinion, or even blabbing about masks, is showing their true colors of being control freaks.

I agree was greatly exaggerated to scare people to vote against Trump.  I will never forgive Democrats for wrecking the economy, and clobbering so many lives, just so they can take the reigns of power.

It didn't have to be handled like this at all.  Those most vulnerable could've been isolated while the rest of us go on with our lives.  But no, we can't do that, the same restrictive policies have to be applied to everyone no matter how ridiculous.

When it all started most everyone freaked out, and politicians reacted accordingly, because it could've been like the 1918 pandemic.  Trump dismissed it as a nothing burger but that was wrong too.

There always is plenty of stupidity on display in novel situations, this was just another one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#44]
1st one was a aerospace worker out of Cincinnati.

Let's see about the last four.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#45]
My employer is offering a 200$ bounty.  Meijer Pharmacies are offering a 10$ bounty in the form of an in-store coupon.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#46]
HB 329 introduced to prevent Dewine's "vaccine" bread and circuses, ...will instead divert those funds to children mental health and small business relief!

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA134-HB-329

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
HB 329 introduced to prevent Dewine's "vaccine" bread and circuses, ...will instead divert those funds to children mental health and small business relief!

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA134-HB-329

View Quote

Don't you go pissing on my "winning a million dollars fantasy" parade...  

You aren't wrong (I did sign up though...)
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
My understanding is the vaccine lottery money comes from the federal government and is part of federal aid to states related to vaccination, it can't be used for unrelated expenditures like children mental health and small business relief.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top