Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2021 2:49:46 PM EDT
I was scheduled to take a handgun class before COVID hit last year. It was cancelled and never made up because the trainer's range was in a county with a bunch of mandates that made it pretty impossible to hold classes.

I am looking to create a list of who all is running legit gun classes, beyond basic CCW requirements, in state, this year.

Please contribute if you know a trainer in TN running any gun classes this year. First Aid or Trauma classes or comms classes, too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Tactical response in Camden. Take Fighting Pistol. It is worth every dime.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I run my Basic Precision Rifle Course on the 1,000yd range at Elk River Training Center several times a year.  It’s a 2-day course, the next one is June 12-13.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Top Gun in Memphis is running classes almost every day of the week.  Classes range from very basic to very advanced pistol classes as well as intro to carbine and shotgun classes.  Some basic first aid and hemorrhage arrest classes are also offered.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Seems like a lot going on there, is king B still a thing? Used to be white feather I believe.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm a member there. I wish there were more descriptions of what was being taught in the various classes, and, this is important....how many rounds?

At this point in life I'd rather take 2-200 round classes than one 400-round class. That's just reality now.

But, seriously, thanks for posting the calendar. I look at it whenever I'm planning to go to the range, to be sure the rifle ranges aren't closed, but that's all I've ever noticed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seems like a lot going on there, is king B still a thing? Used to be white feather I believe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you're talking about the King B Farm, it's not far from me.  It apparently does nothing but wedding type events now:  https://www.kingbfarm.com/events

GE doesn't show any obvious firing ranges either.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you're talking about the King B Farm, it's not far from me.  It apparently does nothing but wedding type events now:  https://www.kingbfarm.com/events

GE doesn't show any obvious firing ranges either.

View Quote

I'm in Giles, wish something were closer.  I need to do ccw.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Would there be any kind of interest in an electronic communications class?

I could definitely teach it, but... I'm terrible at advertising.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

I'd be in for that too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd be in too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ham radio?  I got a Baofong I've never used.  I need to learn how to program it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ham radio?  I got a Baofong I've never used.  I need to learn how to program it.
View Quote

I have 14 I have never used.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#16]
K&M Precision Rifle Training in the greater metro area of Finger, Tennessee is still doing classes. They have a world class facility that I am a member of, but never go to.
https://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/training/
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am game.  I have followed your FOIA post and often wanted to have more in-depth conversations but circumstances prevented at the time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Old school tag.  Guess I am glad I wandered from the thread in general discussion.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am game.  I have followed your FOIA post and often wanted to have more in-depth conversations but circumstances prevented at the time.
View Quote

Hey!

Anytime you want to talk, just email me. Life has flipped around, and now I am a morning slave instead of a 12 hour midnight slave.

Course:

How many hours do you think people would sit? I have poorly taught the essentials in an hour, but that's really not education so much as it is 'here you go, catch me after class'.

I don't think I'd teach it from a ham perspective. There's plenty of that out there.

I would teach it from the angle of someone who is interested in alternate forms of electronic communications, and enough technical depth to understand why some things are the way they have to be, and finish off with a baofeng roundup (and I think there is a vanilla arf code plug just for this.)

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hey!

Anytime you want to talk, just email me. Life has flipped around, and now I am a morning slave instead of a 12 hour midnight slave.

Course:

How many hours do you think people would sit? I have poorly taught the essentials in an hour, but that's really not education so much as it is 'here you go, catch me after class'.

I don't think I'd teach it from a ham perspective. There's plenty of that out there.

I would teach it from the angle of someone who is interested in alternate forms of electronic communications, and enough technical depth to understand why some things are the way they have to be, and finish off with a baofeng roundup (and I think there is a vanilla arf code plug just for this.)

View Quote

I *hope* (not certain, of course) to have my ham license soon. Got my GMRS license today. Still have much to learn. I might attend anyway, just to help 'make' the class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top