Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2021 8:56:41 AM EDT
I step off after 1130. Who all else is gonna be there today?
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not I, but good luck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
How was it?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Good fucking time.

Had one heat case out there. They had amazing medical support though. They had, I think, 2 ambulances and a CAREFLIGHT helo on standby at the start point. Amazing support from the surrounding community. Was great to see.

The back of my knees are sunburned, which sucks. However, tis the curse of gingerism.

I had to remount my RMR on my G34 last night because the mounting bracket screws had come loose. I failed to notice it when I went to zero earlier this week. Didn't have time to rezero after remounting. Got there and shot one of the optional challenge stages to see what adjustments I needed to make... didn't adjust the optic for some stupid fucking reason... just told myself I could remember the hold over.

Ended up costing me a lot of pistol rounds. I only had 3 mags on me. I really should have toted one of my 33 rounders. Was really trying to cut as much weight as possible though.

I ran dry on the last needed pistol shot for stage 6. So had to eat the DNF for 6 and 7 as I was winchester on pistol ammo.

Ended up finishing 20th out of at least 69 shooters. One of my best finishes since I started doing these things in 2017.

Got a WOD Tribe weight vest off of the prize table. Was hoping to snag some VORTEX binos, but they got grabbed by the fella that finished 11th or 12th.

I ordered an admin pouch for my warbelt tonight and I'll throw some loose rifle and pistol rounds in there to reload my mags if needed between stages.. Probably going to drop my M203 off of my M4gery and see how I do toting a 8is lb rifle vs a 14 lb rifle for the next one. See if I can eek my way into the top 15 before the end of this season.

More of you guys should do these things. They're very enjoyable. Had some great barbecue with a GOA dude from the area and another Army retiree that was doing his ...2nd run and gun, I think.

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't know anything like this existed.

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like it was a fun time. Was it all running or did it include some physical obstacles? What was the round count?

I’m signed up for the WTF 10K next month. It’ll be my second run n gun ever.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]
The old eighteen matches are generally all running, but they ensure that the terrain will fuck you up.

The round count for this was posted as 50 rifle and 50 pistol, assuming no misses. So I ran light with 3 rifle and 3 pistol magazines. Hubris.

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't know anything like this existed.

View Quote

@pumbaajk

You should sign up for the series opener, bud.

Gives you time to get ready. Run some bleachers.

Series Opener 2022
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Great course as usual. Heat was deceptive and really started to get to me coming out of stage 6. I couldn't stay for the awards but I shot the course clean.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Great course as usual. Heat was deceptive and really started to get to me coming out of stage 6. I couldn't stay for the awards but I shot the course clean.
View Quote

That hill on the exit certainly didn't help.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@pumbaajk

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310196/Han-Solo-Its-true-2106179.jpg

You should sign up for the series opener, bud.

Gives you time to get ready. Run some bleachers.

Series Opener 2022
View Quote

Interesting.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be putting this on the calendar to see if it's doable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good fucking time.

Had one heat case out there. They had amazing medical support though. They had, I think, 2 ambulances and a CAREFLIGHT helo on standby at the start point. Amazing support from the surrounding community. Was great to see.

The back of my knees are sunburned, which sucks. However, tis the curse of gingerism.

I had to remount my RMR on my G34 last night because the mounting bracket screws had come loose. I failed to notice it when I went to zero earlier this week. Didn't have time to rezero after remounting. Got there and shot one of the optional challenge stages to see what adjustments I needed to make... didn't adjust the optic for some stupid fucking reason... just told myself I could remember the hold over.

Ended up costing me a lot of pistol rounds. I only had 3 mags on me. I really should have toted one of my 33 rounders. Was really trying to cut as much weight as possible though.

I ran dry on the last needed pistol shot for stage 6. So had to eat the DNF for 6 and 7 as I was winchester on pistol ammo.

Ended up finishing 20th out of at least 69 shooters. One of my best finishes since I started doing these things in 2017.

Got a WOD Tribe weight vest off of the prize table. Was hoping to snag some VORTEX binos, but they got grabbed by the fella that finished 11th or 12th.

I ordered an admin pouch for my warbelt tonight and I'll throw some loose rifle and pistol rounds in there to reload my mags if needed between stages.. Probably going to drop my M203 off of my M4gery and see how I do toting a 8is lb rifle vs a 14 lb rifle for the next one. See if I can eek my way into the top 15 before the end of this season.

More of you guys should do these things. They're very enjoyable. Had some great barbecue with a GOA dude from the area and another Army retiree that was doing his ...2nd run and gun, I think.

View Quote

What ranges where you shooting at for pistol and rifle?  

I'll look into that 2022 opener.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I went today for the 5K. It was my first time and first event like this.  It was fantastic.  Fellow arfcommer, 96AG and a couple of other friends went, it was not their first time. Did not run. I will be participating in future events.  
Pistol ranged from 7 to 25 yds and rifle ranged from 50 to 350 yds.  5 stages 40 pistol and 40 rifle. Can’t say enough about how fun this was.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#14]
@joshhdb50

What optic did you use for your rifle/what optic would you recommend?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@joshhdb50

What optic did you use for your rifle/what optic would you recommend?
View Quote

@sharkman6

I use an elcan spectre 1x/4x

Lots of people outshoot me with a variety of glass. Most people are rocking LPVO's. There's a dude that's routinely in the top 5 with an ACOG. I used to run with an ACOG, but through that on another build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top