Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2022 9:49:48 AM EDT
Of these three outdoor ranges, which one would you recommend?

We shoot handgun and rifle and are looking at places within 45 minutes of Greensboro and/or Mocksville. Membership fee cost is not a concern.

1. Piedmont Handgunner's Association

2. Triad Action Shooting Club

3. Triple Target Range

4. Any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Don’t know how close it is to completion, but the new FOP facility will be opening in west statesville at some point.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
PHA has the best facilities of the three you list, and no RO's (which is a plus to me, but may not be to you).   They do not allow full auto if that matters to you, but there are very few restrictions otherwise.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. How busy is PHA on average? I'm retired, so I'd go during the week to avoid the presumably busier weekends...
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for that info.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know how close it is to completion, but the new FOP facility will be opening in west statesville at some point.
View Quote
Are you a member there?  

What can you tell me about it, when you've got the time, of course.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you a member there?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know how close it is to completion, but the new FOP facility will be opening in west statesville at some point.
Are you a member there?  

I’m not a member. I did look at becoming a member a few years ago but I’ve now got my own range at my place.

A friend of mine just took a CCW course there and he said the instructor said they would be shutting down and moving to their new facility soon. It’s rumored to have a long several hundred yard rifle range. But I’ve been hearing about this new facility for about 5 years now. It’s allegedly in the west Iredell i40/old mtn rd area.

I know they currently have a shorter rifle range and several pistol ranges. The local CASS club still shoots there I think.  To be a member you need to attend a general meeting and they vote you in at some point iirc. It’s been a long time ago but iirc the yearly dues were around $150yr.

Here is their webpage. . I’m sure if you shoot them an email they would answer questions.

@Corndog_The_Ninja

ETA: I just did some digging. They own three parcels in the West Iredell area one of which has an address of 239 Wing Dr.  They are all adjoining and have a total of 74+- acres.  Two parcels were bought in 2010 and the other was bought in 1998.   The imagery I have is from March of 2021 and the house (239 Wing Dr) looks abandoned. I see no grading or existing range infrastructure (berms etc). I do see a deer feeder in what looks like a long narrow field. They may have been leasing it out to hunters.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 for PHA. I’ll echo what the others have said. Non-intrusive rules, rarely too busy, nice variety of ranges so you can usually have your own pistol bay or tactical bay, no RO’s breathing down your neck, and they continue to make improvements.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not a member. I did look at becoming a member a few years ago but I've now got my own range at my place.

A friend of mine just took a CCW course there and he said the instructor said they would be shutting down and moving to their new facility soon. It's rumored to have a long several hundred yard rifle range. But I've been hearing about this new facility for about 5 years now. It's allegedly in the west Iredell i40/old mtn rd area.

I know they currently have a shorter rifle range and several pistol ranges. The local CASS club still shoots there I think.  To be a member you need to attend a general meeting and they vote you in at some point iirc. It's been a long time ago but iirc the yearly dues were around $150yr.

Here is their webpage. . I'm sure if you shoot them an email they would answer questions.

@Corndog_The_Ninja

ETA: I just did some digging. They own three parcels in the West Iredell area one of which has an address of 239 Wing Dr.  They are all adjoining and have a total of 74+- acres.  Two parcels were bought in 2010 and the other was bought in 1998.   The imagery I have is from March of 2021 and the house (239 Wing Dr) looks abandoned. I see no grading or existing range infrastructure (berms etc). I do see a deer feeder in what looks like a long narrow field. They may have been leasing it out to hunters.

View Quote
Shoot, that ain't far from the house.  I hope they make this happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top