Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2022 9:09:34 AM EDT
With everything going on here in NY regarding defending our 2A rights and the current attempts by Hochal/politicians  to circumvent our rights, I was wondering which Pro-2A organizations seem to be doing the most to defend these rights?  

I  belonged to the NRA years ago but did not renew my membership as I don't feel my money was being used effectively. I am particularly interested in those that pursue legal action and lawsuits. Some organizations I am thinking of:

Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
New York State Rifle & Pistol Association

I would also support the USCCA but, honestly,  with NY state currently banning them (and any other self defense "insurance") I have to use my limited dollars more efficiently.

crossposted
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I went with SAF as until recently they were the most aggressive in litigating Second Amendment cases.  GOA is coming on strong of late.  If by any chance you use Amazon for purchases you can donate to the group of your choice by using AmazonSmile to check out.  Costs you nothing to support them and sticks it to Amazon while you are at it, win win.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Tom King needs new suits!
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tahawus:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
You can become a life member of GOA for only $50 a month for 20 months. Couple boxes of ammo... well worth it. They are making Nolo's suit against NY's new laws possible with financial backing and support. Figure it is the least I can do as I'm already a NYSRPA and NRA life or better member.

Also a member of VCDL, SAF, and was at one point a member of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. Need to rejoin that one. Not Jewish but 100% #JewCrew.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nyrkba:

Firearms Policy Coalition
View Quote
Only problem with FPC they are like feeding a stray dog. Keep coming back for more. Monthly "alerts" that their accountants have advised them they need $xxx dollars by the end of the month as they are in the red. Just like the NRA of old.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
Only problem with FPC they are like feeding a stray dog. Keep coming back for more. Monthly "alerts" that their accountants have advised them they need $xxx dollars by the end of the month as they are in the red. Just like the NRA of old.
View Quote

Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.  

For my whole life the bulk of hunters and gun owners I've known expected these organizations to fight for them for a mere $25 a year. Meanwhile leftists were paying $25 a month to support their local PBS channel and get a free tote bag.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:19:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waldershrek] [#8]
Firearms Policy Coalition and SAF have done the majority of the lawsuits at the federal level, FPC obviously more recently. GOA as far as I know has been mostly ineffective although recently it looks like they are stepping up their efforts following the Bruen case. NYSRPA also as far as I know has done jack shit spare for the Bruen case now. I let my membership lapse years ago. Tom King is also an adamant supporter of WLP at the NRA level which doesn't sit well with me.

I make recurring monthly donations to FPC and SAF and using amazon smile I have FPC as my charity.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tahawus:
View Quote

We all need new suits and the whole smear campaign perpetrated on Tom King came from a disgruntle Board Member that got into a physical and verbal confrontation with other Board Members, one to the extent that Law Enforcement was called in. Bullshit like you comments do not server the Pro-Gun Community, and I will remind everyone that it was NYSRPA with help from the NRA that brought NY to SCOTUS and WON!  Not going to besmirch GAO of SAF, or any others sans NYS Firearms association for whom I have utter contempt for.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MPi-KMS-72:

Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.  

For my whole life the bulk of hunters and gun owners I've known expected these organizations to fight for them for a mere $25 a year. Meanwhile leftists were paying $25 a month to support their local PBS channel and get a free tote bag.
View Quote

BINGO!
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 2:31:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fp1201] [#11]
Originally Posted By waldershrek:
Firearms Policy Coalition and SAF have done the majority of the lawsuits at the federal level, FPC obviously more recently. GOA as far as I know has been mostly ineffective although recently it looks like they are stepping up their efforts following the Bruen case. NYSRPA also as far as I know has done jack shit spare for the Bruen case now. I let my membership lapse years ago. Tom King is also an adamant supporter of WLP at the NRA level which doesn't sit well with me.

I make recurring monthly donations to FPC and SAF and using amazon smile I have FPC as my charity.
View Quote

If you were to actually talk to the people that work for/at NYSRPA you'd find out there's a hell of a lot more that goes on and actually happens there than is published.  The cost of going to SCOTUS is well over a Million Dollars, and this is neither the first nor last case brought by the Association. So how's that for "jack shit"?

As for Wayne: TWICE the Membership at the Annual Meeting overwhelmingly voted to re-hire Wayne. The people vilifying him and the NRA are the very ones that are trying to not only destroy the Association but destroy our Second Amendment Rights as well. Don't like them? then support someone else, but for fucks sake don't beat down the entire operation because of a few people you have questions about.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By fp1201:

We all need new suits and the whole smear campaign perpetrated on Tom King came from a disgruntle Board Member that got into a physical and verbal confrontation with other Board Members, one to the extent that Law Enforcement was called in. Bullshit like you comments do not server the Pro-Gun Community, and I will remind everyone that it was NYSRPA with help from the NRA that brought NY to SCOTUS and WON!  Not going to besmirch GAO of SAF, or any others sans NYS Firearms association for whom I have utter contempt for.
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waldershrek] [#13]
Originally Posted By fp1201:

If you were to actually talk to the people that work for/at NYSRPA you'd find out there's a hell of a lot more that goes on and actually happens there than is published.  The cost of going to SCOTUS is well over a Million Dollars, and this is neither the first nor last case brought by the Association. So how's that for "jack shit"?

As for Wayne: TWICE the Membership at the Annual Meeting overwhelmingly voted to re-hire Wayne. The people vilifying him and the NRA are the very ones that are trying to not only destroy the Association but destroy our Second Amendment Rights as well. Don't like them? then support someone else, but for fucks sake don't beat down the entire operation because of a few people you have questions about.
View Quote

I was a member of NYSRPA from 2005 until about 2 years ago. In that time Bruen is the only case that I recall of NYSRPA's of any significance. I'd get a newsletter full of nothing a couple times a year and some gun raffle tickets every now and then. I'm also a patron life member of the NRA unfortunately. Tom King has been a die hard supporter of WLP and has gone out of his way to defend him and the numerous documented abuses of his position. As mentioned I am a life member of SAF as well as a member of GOA, FPC and VACDL so I'm well aware of how effective other groups can be but short of Bruen, NYSRPA isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By waldershrek:

I was a member of NYSRPA from 2005 until about 2 years ago. In that time Bruen is the only case that I recall of NYSRPA's of any significance.
View Quote
There was also NYSRPA v New York City that had the potential to do what Bruen did but New York State modified its laws to get the case tossed as moot.

I am still a member of NYSRPA but, honestly, I have not paid that much attention to the internal intrigue of the group. I do follow the updates on the NRA case from periodic blog posts from the "NRA in Danger" site. It posts the periodic legal briefs and court decisions in the ongoing case. THAT makes for very interesting reading and does make my blood boil. Regardless of the spin the NRA puts on the whole case, the legal briefs and court decisions are where the action is. NRA's law firm is making tens of millions of dollars on this case in billable hours with constant useless motions and delays. All to run up their income before it all comes crashing down and the gravy train ends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top