Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2021 10:56:25 PM EDT
As the title says, just looking for a 1 or 2 night recommendation on where to stay in/near Nashville one weekend in the Fall.    I have status/discounts with Marriott and Hyatt if that helps.   This will be for two families.  Would prefer not 400/night/room, or a place where the kids get to bring their body armor.  

I call on you my Tennessee brethren for your expert advice and/or polite suggestions.

Almost forgot, we’re all driving there, and may try to do some looking around that Saturday before half of the group heads back to whence they came.

Thanks y’all!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Marriott in Donelson is a good choice. I believe they do shuttles to go downtown as well.

There's a Hyatt right downtown that will save you a bunch of walking & travel time. Safe area.

Avoid ANYTHING in the Trinity Lane area, Antioch area (37013 zip), Dickerson Road area. Unless you want to shoot on your visit.

Cumberland Science Museum for the kids. Maybe Opry Mills Mall as well. Kids love the jungle themed restaurant, can't remember the name.

Depending on the kids ages, lots of history in the area, within a 20-25 min drive. Franklin is a COOL town, right down I-65. Combine Mayberry with Beverly Hills kind of vibe. Free parking on the square too.

Opryland Hotel is worth a walk-thru as well. Use a map. Trust me.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Avoid ANYTHING in the Trinity Lane area
View Quote

Wish this advice was on the forum before I bought in East Nashville in 2017.  Couldn’t get out fast enough.  Lived on Litton (Trinity essentially turns into Litton at Gallatin).

Anyhow, I was always partial to the Hutton hotel when I came here for work for years before living here.  It’s on West End.  Both close and far enough from where you want to be and avoid respectively.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you intending to do here?  From which direction are you coming?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool Springs is about the closest you will get to Nashville with reasonable rates.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks y’all.  It’s basically a turn and burn to pick up some family, then do it all again later.

We’re coming up though Memphis.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool Springs is about the closest you will get to Nashville with reasonable rates.
View Quote

Well, there's also Murfreesboro as an option. Maybe even better prices, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Marriott in Donelson is a good choice. I believe they do shuttles to go downtown as well.

There's a Hyatt right downtown that will save you a bunch of walking & travel time. Safe area.

Avoid ANYTHING in the Trinity Lane area, Antioch area (37013 zip), Dickerson Road area. Unless you want to shoot on your visit.

Cumberland Science Museum for the kids. Maybe Opry Mills Mall as well. Kids love the jungle themed restaurant, can't remember the name.

Depending on the kids ages, lots of history in the area, within a 20-25 min drive. Franklin is a COOL town, right down I-65. Combine Mayberry with Beverly Hills kind of vibe. Free parking on the square too.

Opryland Hotel is worth a walk-thru as well. Use a map. Trust me.  
View Quote

Thanks, just a little north of Franklin, how's Brentwood?

Conversely, how about Goodlettsville area up north?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Friendly bump.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brentwood is good.  Nice area, straight shot up 65 to Nashville, close to Cool Springs mall area.  Goodlettsville is going to feel a little more away from things, so it really depends what you’re looking for.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out Bellevue Link

Preds practice rinks,  food, decent area.

Hit up HoneyFire BBq
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Skip Goodlettsville and make it to Hendersonville if you need to go north. Madison and GV are kinda ghetto but not as bad a Trinity Lane
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Ended up settling on the Brentwood area.  It'll just be for Saturday morning mostly.   Thanks for the help y'all!  
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ended up settling on the Brentwood area.  It'll just be for Saturday morning mostly.   Thanks for the help y'all!
View Quote

Unless you desire to be bankrupt, keep your wife far away from Green Hills Mall!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top