Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2021 11:16:27 AM EDT
Hi all, my wife and I are heading to Memphis for a couple of days today.  Never been before, don't want to spend 300 a night to stay close to Beale St. but looking for safe and fairly close to that part of town.  Any suggestions?

Jason
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You can stay at the Peabody for less than that and watch the duck processions.

https://www.peabodymemphis.com/rooms

Avoid the Rendezvous for BBQ.  It's way over rated.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure I'd place 'Memphis' and 'safe' in the same sentence.

Look for a hotel in Germantown for safer options and drive around.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, ended up staying in W. Memphis, then E. Memphis, but had a great time.  Eh, we left Beale about 2000, felt perfectly safe but my head was on a swivel anyway.

ETA, there was a huge PD presence down there.  Don't know if that's normal or not but kind of nice to see.  The ban on CCW, not nice to see but at least the police are there even if they are looking for CCWers lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys, ended up staying in W. Memphis, then E. Memphis, but had a great time.  Eh, we left Beale about 2000, felt perfectly safe but my head was on a swivel anyway.

ETA, there was a huge PD presence down there.  Don't know if that's normal or not but kind of nice to see.  The ban on CCW, not nice to see but at least the police are there even if they are looking for CCWers lol
View Quote

There’s a special unit assigned to that area. They really don’t care if you carry, everyone does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top