Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2020 5:02:39 AM EDT
Getting ready to submit the paperwork to SBR four of my rifles on my trust.

Is there a place in the Seattle/Tacoma where I can get both the photos and Fingerprints done at...  Especially, on a Saturday?  Since I live in Auburn, somewhere in south King County would be great, but willing to drive to get it all done in one shot.

Also, is it TWO fingerprint cards and TWO photos per Form 4?  So, I’ll need a total of EIGHT fingerprint cards and Eight Photos the four rifles I want to SBR...  Right?   I don’t want to screw this up and delay the process, so I apologize for the dumbass question!!

Btw, I’ll be mailing these forms to the ATF once completed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I get my photos done at Costco, and fingerprints at the sheriff's office. You can get your photos anywhere that does passport photos (pharmacies). Getting prints done with the scamdemic might be difficult, might just have to do your own
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Costco for photos.  I had my fingerprints done at Alliance2020 in Renton, but they're only open M-F.

What dealer is making you roll your own fingerprints?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Costco for photos.  I had my fingerprints done at Alliance2020 in Renton, but they're only open M-F.

What dealer is making you roll your own fingerprints?
View Quote

Sounds like Form 1 SBRs, no dealer involved there.....

And I’m an NFA dealer, but I don’t roll fingerprints for customers. DIY, get them done somewhere or use Silencer Shop are your options....
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Fingerprints are easy.
Supplies are cheap.
Search YouTube for a quick tutorial.

Free fingerprint cards from the government. Request as many as you want:
https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

$7 fingerprint pad from Amazon:
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Your cellphone for photos, a room with a light-colored wall for a background, and Costco to print them out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It definitely sounds like you are doing a form 1 and not a form 4. A form 1 is an application for a non licensed person or entity to make a NFA item. A Form 4 is an application to transfer a NFA item from a licensed dealer to a non licensed person or entity. In Short, a form 1 is for you to make your own SBR and a Form 4 is if you are buying that SBR from a dealer.

You can do your own fingerprints which may be easier. A lot of people used to go to their local PD or Sheriff, but with COVID, a lot of these extra services have been suspended. There are also private fingerprinting services, but they charge a lot more and still may not be open. If you go the "roll your own" route, you can get free fingerprint cards from the ATF, although I hear they are running a little slow these days. Depending on where you live, I have a bunch of extra ATF fingerprint cards that I can spare. Also, when submitted multiple eform 1 applications, you only need 1 pair of fingerprint cards for the multiple forms. The ATF has confirmed that you can mail 1 pair of cards with the multiple cover sheets and they will all be processed.

If you are submitting a eform 1, I would just use a phone app to take the picture and upload it to the eforms site.

Also, if you are mailing in a paper form 1 be prepared to wait for months. I would definitely suggest using the eforms system as that is still taking approx 30 days.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I used Identogo in Everett. One in Seattle is at 4123 4th Ave S. Call & set an appointment.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies and info!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Do the finger print cards yourself.
Buy the cards and ink on Amazon. Practice on paper at home.
You can save a ton of money. It seems intimidating but it's super easy. The ATF isn't nearly as picky as you'd originally think.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do the finger print cards yourself.
Buy the cards and ink on Amazon. Practice on paper at home.
You can save a ton of money. It seems intimidating but it's super easy. The ATF isn't nearly as picky as you'd originally think.
View Quote

The ATF will send you fingerprint cards for free.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The ATF will send you fingerprint cards for free.
View Quote

I'd rather spend $9 on 25 and have em show up tomorrow than sit around and hope those jackasses do their job.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:26:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd rather spend $9 on 25 and have em show up tomorrow than sit around and hope those jackasses do their job.
View Quote

Every time i've ordered them they have arrived within two weeks, which is pretty typical when you ask around. I'd rather wait the two weeks, spend $0, and have the correct ORI number already printed on the card. The last time I ordered cards I got 50 of them so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the future.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Every time i've ordered them they have arrived within two weeks, which is pretty typical when you ask around. I'd rather wait the two weeks, spend $0, and have the correct ORI number already printed on the card. The last time I ordered cards I got 50 of them so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the future.
View Quote

We ordered 10 about a week ago so let’s see what it takes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just got this last batch yesterday that I ordered on 12/2.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Do it all yourself....
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our cards arrived today so about 1 1/2 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top