Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2022 4:03:56 PM EDT
I know this is probably not an original idea right now considering the weather we've had lately but I'm looking for recommendations on where to look for a below-ground 500 gal LP tank for a backup generator. I'm in NOVA but I suspect the demand in our area will be high for a while. Any leads, info or general advice is welcomed and appreciated.

ETA: interested in buying rather than renting
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried: Southern States, Tractor Supply, Foster Fuels, or Midway Gas?

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried: Southern States, Tractor Supply, Foster Fuels, or Midway Gas?

View Quote

The only place I've talked to so far was a generator dealer who said tanks were hard to find right now because of supply chain issues. To be honest, I didn't even know where to look so this is helpful.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I used AmeriGas when I lived in rural Fauquier County
for my above ground tanks, but their website shows
below ground options.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Demand is high everywhere and that was before the winter storms.  Tanks were in short supply due to covid.  The large ones were not as hard to obtain but still difficult.

Your gonna have to buy from a propane supplier anyhow so find one that will deliver it to you.  Who is going to bury it?  You or will you have the tank supplier bury it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Demand is high everywhere and that was before the winter storms.  Tanks were in short supply due to covid.  The large ones were not as hard to obtain but still difficult.

Your gonna have to buy from a propane supplier anyhow so find one that will deliver it to you.  Who is going to bury it?  You or will you have the tank supplier bury it?
View Quote

Thanks for the info. A supplier that can install for a reasonable price would be ideal but it I've put in drainages and an entire fence so not afraid to work if I could save >$2k.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Fairfax Propane

(703) 352-5777
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top