Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2021 10:22:57 AM EDT
So I just bought a new can, and I need to get the fingerprint cards done.  I usually go to the State Police headquarters, but based on their website, it looks like they are refusing to do prints unless it is for a state purpose.

Link

Has anyone gotten print cards done lately?  Any suggestions as to where?  I'd strongly prefer somewhere in the general vicinity of Richmond.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Do it yourself.

Order cards from ATF or buy some that come with ink sheets on Amazon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it yourself.

View Quote

Have you had success getting NFA transfers approved using this method?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. Any form 1 I do, I roll my own prints. I’ve done it for form 4’s before as well with no issues.

However, you need to roll them correctly. You can learn this from YouTube and a few minutes of practice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Try your local Sherrifs' dept. maybe?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do it yourself.

FWIW, I did my own fingerprints for six (6) Form 4s using cards ordered from ATF and a stamp pad off of Amazon . . . . never had a problem.  Just make sure the ink is fingerprint ink. Regular pen ink is too thin & watery, and won't work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We do fingerprints and photos at our shop, $10 for a set (2 cards and 2 photos). A little bit of a drive from Richmond though.  Call or email for an appointment.  

View Quote

The boss lady and I had ours done at Hansohn Brothers for a couple of form 4s, and he was generous enough to send copies to me at no charge for a form 1.
Highly recommend!
Thanks Ray!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top