Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2020 10:30:46 PM EDT
Looking to SBR an AK. Any place in Iowa to do the NFA serializing?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:26:57 PM EDT
Tagging for info, going to do an SBS project soon
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:59:46 AM EDT
I had Philips Diamond Shop in Marion engrave my krink and mp5. Came out good enough and the price was cheap. They use a fiber laser.

Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:06:50 AM EDT
If you don't mind saying, what was the price? Just trying to gauge budget.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2020 7:38:56 PM EDT by TigerHawk]
Cheap I got two done for around $40. Call them and ask.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:51:10 PM EDT
Thanks. I think there's a guy up by me that does it, but I haven't called him yet. I'd rather call closer to the date (after the stamp comes) so he's got less time to reconsider if he's on the fence about guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:34:51 PM EDT
Awards N Time in New Hampton will do engraving, I need to talk to them myself on engraving for my 870. Just got confirmation that they'll engrave guns but haven't talked price yet. You have to go in through the jewelry store(next door to  to the west).
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 12:13:08 AM EDT
Thanks for the heads up. The jewelry store is closing, is that going to affect Awards N Time's business?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:39:38 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By battleshipgrey:
Thanks for the heads up. The jewelry store is closing, is that going to affect Awards N Time's business?
View Quote
The way they told me, the guy running Awards is looking to sell the place to someone who can learn the engraving business. Don't know if they'll get a taker or not.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:38:50 PM EDT
Interesting. The original guy I was mentioning is just south of New Hampton. If Awards falls through, let me know and I can get you the name. I haven't called yet to find out if he'll do guns though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:01:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2020 5:23:26 PM EDT by shack357]
Will do, thanks. Hoping to have time to stop in and talk to them tomorrow. Probably heading to Decorah too so if I do everything I want to, I'm in for a good bit of windshield time.

ETA-there is an engraver in Cresco too, but same issue. Don't know if they'll do guns. I know they'll do grips but no idea on the gun itself.

Further ETA-Just got back from Awards N Time. $5 setup fee and 50 cents per letter. Total for mine will be $18. Thought it was more than reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:01:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shack357:
Will do, thanks. Hoping to have time to stop in and talk to them tomorrow. Probably heading to Decorah too so if I do everything I want to, I'm in for a good bit of windshield time.

ETA-there is an engraver in Cresco too, but same issue. Don't know if they'll do guns. I know they'll do grips but no idea on the gun itself.

Further ETA-Just got back from Awards N Time. $5 setup fee and 50 cents per letter. Total for mine will be $18. Thought it was more than reasonable.
View Quote
You must have two middle names like me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:52:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By slims_88:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nope. Just a long last name.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:47:08 AM EDT
Oh, heck! That's way reasonable! Guess I know where I'll be going. Thanks Shack!
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:08:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By battleshipgrey:
Oh, heck! That's way reasonable! Guess I know where I'll be going. Thanks Shack!
View Quote
Told them there might be another person coming with gun work. Richard is the person to talk to.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 4:01:19 PM EDT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I know that.  I forgot city and state need engraved also. My name alone has enough letters to hit that $18 mark before I add Des Moines, IA.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 7:24:31 AM EDT
Anyone got a lead on a place closer to des moines than Marion or New Hampton?
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 7:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2020 7:39:46 AM EDT by JanJets]
deleted
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 1:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2020 1:10:21 PM EDT by Beef1911]
Originally Posted By JanJets:
Anyone got a lead on a place closer to des moines than Marion or New Hampton?
View Quote
Creative Arms in Des Moines did mine. Left it with them for an hour. $30.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 4:38:50 PM EDT
nice. laser engraved? turn out pretty good?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 11:02:43 PM EDT
They laser engrave all their stuff. Mine was on a polymer receiver, turned out good. Small and not noticeable, blends in with other text.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top