Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2021 12:12:58 PM EDT
Heading to the motorplex with the wife and need recommendations for good dinner food and possibly some entertainment
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Bubba's BBQ is better than it used to be. Fiesta Grill now charges you if you eat more than one bowl of chips. Do not eat the kolaches at Doc's/Kolache Depot. El Mexicano Grill is OK. We don't eat at Don Jose because there's always some weird shit going on about sexual harassment over there. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT go to Kuzzins Kitchen. High priced food that sucks. They HWY 55 restaurant is quaint with decent service and cheap prices, but the food isn't great. Craft Pies is like Mod pizza and it's ok.

There are some new places in town though that I haven't been to. Ruston, Bailey's, Rooftop... if anyone else has been, I'd be curious to hear. I also heard mention of BBQ in Alma. There's also a new place behind the old police station, I don't remember what it's called.

Depending on when you're going, google Rockett Cafe in Rockett, Texas. It's not that far away.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bubba's BBQ is better than it used to be. Fiesta Grill now charges you if you eat more than one bowl of chips. Do not eat the kolaches at Doc's/Kolache Depot. El Mexicano Grill is OK. We don't eat at Don Jose because there's always some weird shit going on about sexual harassment over there. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT go to Kuzzins Kitchen. High priced food that sucks. They HWY 55 restaurant is quaint with decent service and cheap prices, but the food isn't great. Craft Pies is like Mod pizza and it's ok.

There are some new places in town though that I haven't been to. Ruston, Bailey's, Rooftop... if anyone else has been, I'd be curious to hear. I also heard mention of BBQ in Alma. There's also a new place behind the old police station, I don't remember what it's called.

Depending on when you're going, google Rockett Cafe in Rockett, Texas. It's not that far away.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#3]
See pics herePics
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd go to Waxahachie (same distance, just westward) and into downtown on Bus 287.  Then again, I live in Waxahachie now so maybe I'm biased.  There are some nice restaurants downtown.  People swear by/at a steak joint called Prime 115.  I've had Campuzano's Tex-Mex on the northside of town and its pretty good.  Cancun's, also Tex-Mex on the northside, is always packed till closing time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd go to Waxahachie (same distance, just westward) and into downtown on Bus 287.  Then again, I live in Waxahachie now so maybe I'm biased.  There are some nice restaurants downtown.  People swear by/at a steak joint called Prime 115.  I've had Campuzano's Tex-Mex on the northside of town and its pretty good.  Cancun's, also Tex-Mex on the northside, is always packed till closing time.
View Quote

downtown Waxahachie is pretty neat.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

downtown Waxahachie is pretty neat.
View Quote

The Texas Country Reporter Festival is next Saturday, the 23rd.  It's pretty neat seeing all the artists and music...a lot of walking though.

mm
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
El Mexicano in Ennis is a really good breakfast
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top