Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2020 5:33:32 PM EDT
Hey guys.

I'm trying to find a better than average gun safe in stock locally.  Any recommendations on where to look?  I'm assuming I'll need a trustworthy company to move it into my basement also.  All I've found so far is a locksmith in E.G. that can order in Amsec safes, I know of a few moving companies but none that I'd trust 100%.

Thanks for any leads.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The locksmith in EG is who I bought mine from, they were professional, and thier movers we awesome guys. Would highly recommend them.

That said, Lowe's sells Liberty I believe. D&L sell some safes, but you will need to move both.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What's your definition of "better than average"? Looking for something like a TL-30, or an RSC with some bells & whistles? I'd check out Dexter's Best in Norwich; he deals Liberty & AmSec. He offers professional delivery, and CT doesn't charge sales tax on gun safes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your definition of "better than average"? Looking for something like a TL-30, or an RSC with some bells & whistles? I'd check out Dexter's Best in Norwich; he deals Liberty & AmSec. He offers professional delivery, and CT doesn't charge sales tax on gun safes.
View Quote
What I want is probably just a small beefed up RSC.  Basically trying to find something of better quality/ratings than the usual $499 specials, which is pretty much all I've seen, well noticed anyway.

My budget is $4k max including moving.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]

I bought mine from them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]

I did not buy mine from them but I used them to move mine. A++
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.  I'm going to call Milligan Safe out of MA and see what they have for high security safes.  

Hadn't looked into TL safes as I thought they were prohibitively expensive.  Apparently you can get a used one for the same price or less than a higher end gun safe.  I don't care about fancy interiors.  I'd have to pay someone to move a heavy RSC anyway, so might as well get a real safe if I can afford it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top