Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2021 9:16:11 AM EDT
Somewhere is a list of the 3 or 4 CCL from other states that in combination with IL CCL enables legal CCW everywhere - can someone point me to that thread?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Check www.handgunlaw.us, but I don't think there is any combination of Illinois and Non-resident licenses that will be good in places like California or New York.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check www.handgunlaw.us, but I don't think there is any combination of Illinois and Non-resident licenses that will be good in places like California or New York.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no combo that gets you every state in the U.S.

However, there are several combinations that get you more coverage.

Illinois and Arizona, or Florida for example get you more than some others.

Some state refuse to recognize  anything from anothr state. Kind of sounds familiar doesn't it?

Go here and enter in different state combo's to see what they cover.

https://handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#4]
This map doesn’t look entirely accurate. Maybe it’s because
It doesn’t let you pick “resident” vs “non-resident”. I put in my
Illinois, Utah and Florida (I’m a resident in Illinois) and it gave me Colorado and South Carolina which I believe is
Inaccurate. Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ is a better map.

No combination  of non-resident permits will get you CA/OR, CO, SC, and the northeast from MD to MA.  The only states you gain with FL/UT non-resident permit are DE, GA, FL, LA, NM, ND, and WA.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is no combo that gets you every state in the U.S.

However, there are several combinations that get you more coverage.

Illinois and Arizona, or Florida for example get you more than some others.

Some state refuse to recognize  anything from anothr state. Kind of sounds familiar doesn't it?

Go here and enter in different state combo's to see what they cover.

https://handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php
View Quote

Thx
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This map doesn’t look entirely accurate. Maybe it’s because
It doesn’t let you pick “resident” vs “non-resident”. I put in my
Illinois, Utah and Florida (I’m a resident in Illinois) and it gave me Colorado and South Carolina which I believe is
Inaccurate. Just a heads up.
View Quote

I found the same, um, irregularity using a different tool. Thanks for taking the time to check
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ is a better map.

No combination  of non-resident permits will get you CA/OR, CO, SC, and the northeast from MD to MA.  The only states you gain with FL/UT non-resident permit are DE, GA, FL, LA, NM, ND, and WA.
View Quote

Thx for the link and the intel. The only phone app I ever paid for is 'CCW' and they no longer honor the lifetime subscription so I haven't renewed to get the most current details. Unsure if updates are even accurate. But I found roughly the same as your assessment; good to get confirmation from at least one other person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top