Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2020 3:56:01 PM EDT
Man, I was really hoping that we can start backing off the quarantine at the end of the week. The Mrs. and I are both still working. She is working at home and I am split between home and out in the field, but we need this economy to start cranking back up! Anyone know a Guy? Some inside scoop, something??
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I expect he will make an announcement by Wednesday at the latest since his "safer at home" order expires on April 30th.

I also expect him to announce he will implement a "Phase 1" reopening starting on May 1st.....allowing AirBNBs to be rented again, barbershops and salons to open, and beaches and community pools to be open.

I would like for him to reopen the government buildings as well so people can start getting fingerprinted for CCW's again among many other reasons
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Two Weeks
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope my barber goes to work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I work in healthcare and hoping for an announcement this week pertaining to elective cases.  There were supposedly some discussions on Friday w/ Desantis concerning this--but haven't heard what the projected plan is--from my leadership.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a condo rented for the second week of June in Orlando.

Today, they canceled my reservation and refunded my money without any notice.

We were hopeful things would be reopening by the and I had no intention of canceling this early.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a condo rented for the second week of June in Orlando.

Today, they canceled my reservation and refunded my money without any notice.

We were hopeful things would be reopening by the and I had no intention of canceling this early.

View Quote

There are plenty of airbnbs still renting in the suburbs of Orlando near Disney....Davenport, Kissimee etc..you could easily get one..  don't ask me how I know though

/s
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, Barbers and Beauty Shops got the word today. May 1. My barber texted me and said to come on in Friday! My wife got the same from her cute little hairdresser!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, Barbers and Beauty Shops got the word today. May 1. My barber texted me and said to come on in Friday! My wife got the same from her cute little hairdresser!
View Quote

Was this a County shut down? My barber is open. State law only said bars restaurants I thought.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Restaurants go letters stating May 4, 50% capacity, Announcement coming at 5 pm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow! Lots of "misinformation". Restaurants at 25%. Retail 25%. Still negative on Barbershops and Hairdressers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It's still progress.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#12]
True. Lots of testing sites going up.....there gonna be swamped.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jjrockbush:
Wow! Lots of "misinformation". Restaurants at 25%. Retail 25%. Still negative on Barbershops and Hairdressers.
View Quote

I'm happy to see more businesses being open. Was hoping for a different approach to opening restaurants, like allowing them to reduce a capacity to whatever point it needs for all tables to be 6-8ft apart instead of a flat 25% capacity. I'm also bummed about no barbershop, I need a beard trim in a big way.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#14]
What a lame ass bullshit plan.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Bullshit plan indeed.  I don't know of many businesses that can reopen and operate at a profit at 25% capacity....especially after being closed for so long.  Gangster government fails yet again. Businesses should just reopen and give the government the finger.  They cant arrest every business owner. Enough already.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Soooooo no news on Disney or any of the other parks yet?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't know why he had the panel submit their recommendations if he was going to do it his way anyways. These were the recommendations from the panel.

1) Movie theaters, gyms, and barbershops to operate at 50% capacity, DeSantis says they will remain closed.
2) Restaurants and retail at 50%, DeSantis said 25%.

Phase 2 was to allow bars to reopen at 50% and restaurants, theaters and gyms could gain capacity at 75%.
Spectator sporting events would be capped at 50%.

We're supposed to move on to phase 2 when they stop seeing spikes in the number of positive tests.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Soooo, they're doing more and more tests daily. The number of positive tests will go up.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jjrockbush:
Soooo, they're doing more and more tests daily. The number of positive tests will go up. 

View Quote

DeSantis mentioned that would happen. He says they are paying more attention to percentage of tests that are positive instead of total number of positive tests.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Just let the counties dictate the rules themselves. This is such bullshit. If i actually died the amount of times they said i would over this stupid virus...........
My county restaurant closed, my son's barber has been operating in super secret mode, Lowe's has become the females favorite new store and the carry out only food establishments have lines out the door. Not to mention the parking lots fill of cars getting to go. The sheriff isn't busting balls other then obvious but gatherings at homes which hasn't happened that i know of. Open this shit up already.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Me and the wife are headed to coco beach for 4 days here in a couple hours.  At least the beach is open and we can pick up take out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been really dissatisfied with DeSantis’ “leadership “.   He has done damn near everything wrong.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
May 18th bars and gyms is what two people I know have said. I’m not sure I agree with them, but people are beginning to het pretty annoyed and have begun pushing the limits and downright ignoring others. The local Chamber of Commerce came out against opening more up or relaxing anything at this time, the City/County may agree, but they got a lot of blowback for closing the beach, and keeping it closed as long as they did.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#24]
We need Restaurants 50% now.  Hair cuts too!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
We need Restaurants 50% now.  Hair cuts too!
View Quote

Hairbsalins and barbershops have been open since Monday.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The Chamber of Commerce not wanting businesses to open should come as a shock, but then they are the champions of open borders too.  Weird people.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#27]
It’s time to open up and stop the economic bleeding.  Those who want to stay in their homes can do so, but those of us who want and need to get back to normal work and personal lives should be able to do so.  Wash your hands, don’t lick door knobs, etc.  Common sense adulting, basically.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I got a haircut today.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got a haircut today.
View Quote

Psshh...my buddygot his cut last week.

Call barber on cell.
Go to his house.
Winning!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's time to open up and stop the economic bleeding.  Those who want to stay in their homes can do so, but those of us who want and need to get back to normal work and personal lives should be able to do so.  Wash your hands, don't lick door knobs, etc.  Common sense adulting, basically.
View Quote

My Wife went back to the office this week. Most stores are now open. I bought a pair of shoes today.  Besides throttling restaurants, it appears we are open.
I agree...enough of the mamby-pamby shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top