Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2018 7:22:42 PM EDT
Moving to be closer to the kids{east Illinois and southern Ohio} just wounding what its like?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It gets crowded on the weekends in some places, generally people are nice and respectful.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Lotsa traffic. Good gun shops. I live a county south, its quieter and cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been here basically my entire life and it seems like there are never-ending road projects happening in the city.

If you want a quieter area, look around Fayette County in Georgetown (Scott county), Winchester (Clark county), Richmond (Madison county), Nicholasville (Jessamine county), or Versailles (Woodford county).

Southern Ohio is much closer to Lexington than ILL is but still manageable to get there in a day.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I can vouch for Georgetown (and Scott County) as being nice places. Close enough to Lexington and SW OH without being too crowded. Everything you'd want.

I have family in SW Ohio and travel up there regularly. It's very doable.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s full of liberals.  A million places to eat, malls, and traffic.  That said if you want to do “something” it’s probably there.  Only things it’s lacking are major sports teams and a nice museum or zoo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top