Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2020 7:04:48 AM EDT
Can we SBR a standard off the shelf (in CT) handgun? Like say a G19.

If we SBR it do we (or can we) get it registered as an AW?

If we SBR it, can we still carry it? Non AW mode.

Thank you for your knowledge
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can we SBR a standard off the shelf (in CT) handgun? Like say a G19.

If we SBR it do we (or can we) get it registered as an AW?

If we SBR it, can we still carry it? Non AW mode.

Thank you for your knowledge
View Quote
SBR’s are good to go. Efile is the fastest way to do it.

ATF will ask for an aw cert!
If you want to get one of those stocks for Glocks you will need a pre ban and you will need to get a cert from the state before atf will approve the paperwork. I don’t think any of those stocks fit gen 1 or gen 2 guns though.

You are not allowed to cc an aw however if you removed a threaded barrel and cc’d it , it may be ok. No one has pushed that envelope so far
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Gotcha.  So if I wanted to SBS a pistol I'd have to get a preban, then register it, then ATF form it.

I was just thinking it would be a cheap way to shoot subgun/PCC  matches.

Stick a stock on my G19. 300ish OTD.
Maybe put a slide racker thingy on it.
Just got some mag extensions.

Be nice for HD too.

Just trying to stay within the law.

Anywhere to do plate shoots with a PCC leveraction that doesn't require dress up cosplay?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CT also has a law regarding minimum length of a rifle, where anything below that becomes an AW
View Quote
So if you have preban and get cert- you are covered!
I just made sbs on 870 chassis- Atf asked for cert via email. I replied that Ct awb and laws do not apply to pump shotguns and supplied ATF with a copy of our laws. 12 hrs later my form 1 was approved
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Anywhere to do plate shoots with a PCC leveraction that doesn't require dress up cosplay?
View Quote
I imagine Hartford Gun Club would let a lever-action run their PCC shoots. You would be in the same class as semi-autos though. They have separate classes/divisions for iron sights or optics, centerfire or rimfire.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Exactly!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I imagine Hartford Gun Club would let a lever-action run their PCC shoots. You would be in the same class as semi-autos though. They have separate classes/divisions for iron sights or optics, centerfire or rimfire.
View Quote
I just wanna shoot. Scores don't really matter to me.

That sounds fun to me.  Ill check them out. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Most of those kits for the glocks use the rail to attach to them. So i don’t know how that would work on a preban Glock.

There is a gun store in Connecticut that actively sellls micro ronis and glocks together and states it’s legal.  Reading the law i think otherwise but that’s just me.   I forget what store it is but someone else might know.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
You can do a Mech Tech carbine conversion on a pre-ban Glock or 1911 in CT.  It doesn't use the rail to mount.

https://mechtechsys.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top