Talk to me hometown forum..
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Clifton Park
Ballston Lake
Burnt Hills

Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Where do you live currently? If out side of NY don’t even consider it.
If escaping for one of the more urban areas but still needing to reside in NY for some reason ( other than a dying relative I can’t figure out a reason to stay in NY- and no job or pension is an acceptable reason unless you are real short like under 3 years to retirement and even that is questionable)
Why buy a house in NY anywhere is my question?
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where do you live currently? If out side of NY don’t even consider it.
If escaping for one of the more urban areas but still needing to reside in NY for some reason ( other than a dying relative I can’t figure out a reason to stay in NY- and no job or pension is an acceptable reason unless you are real short like under 3 years to retirement and even that is questionable)
Why buy a house in NY anywhere is my question?
View Quote

This.. unless your a liberal than please move to NY so we can contain you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like he is a GE employee and has a work opportunity to take a new position. Niskyuna still nice? Scotia? I will agree with Saratoga Co. It is upscale rural. If you are not as wealthy,  you have Schoharie County (Where the men are men and the sheep ruuuun!!).
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Im looking to transfer my job . Currently live in nassau . Moved out of brooklyn a few years ago ( didn’t really get along with my area anymore , it became a shithole) i have 21 years in the system and 10 more to go . Looking for a small house with a garage and  a little land . Maybe 1 or 1/2 of acre.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Well at least your situation is improving is there any option to take an early out and escape to free America?
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Look into Saratoga county... Probably can stay north of exit 9 & be good for what youre looking for.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#9]
For pistol permits Schenectady is the best in the Capital Region. I’d look at Niskayuna. If you want some land outside the City of Schenectady, but still an easy commute, maybe Duanesburg.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Schenectady taxes and schools are terrible.

Schoharie County might be a good option. If you don’t mind a commute of about an hour western Otsego County might be an option. Some of the best pistol permit regs in the state and $400k would go very far for Upstate. Beautiful country, great hunting.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Have you considered Vermont?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top