Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2023 11:04:19 AM EDT
fyi:
New Jersey is one of 19 states with a red-flag law, which allows for temporary firearm removal from individuals believed to be at risk of harming themselves or others.

The policy, which took effect in New Jersey back in 2019, is one that gun-safety advocates are pushing for in other states once again across the U.S. in the aftermath of the late March Nashville school shooting, which killed six people.

The policy has bipartisan appeal with some Republicans in favor of it, but second-amendment advocates say the policy is concerning because it entails firearm removal.

As of fall 2021, more than 300 extreme risk protection orders had been issued in the state over the first two years of the law's effective date.
View Quote

Most of New Jersey's congressional delegation voted for the 2022 Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which provided states funding to implement or create red-flag laws. The state's two Republican House members, Rep. Chris Smith, and Rep. Jefferson Van Drew voted against it.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a friend in college whose Cousin was a ER Intern, the Dr. told him when you think you are at critical mass buy One to Two dozen eggs, get an old pillow cover. Gently place individual eggs in the pillow sack - then *gather* your anger and beat a tree, telephone pole with the sack. Make for a terrible omelet but you will feel better having physically released your pent up frustrations.
View Quote

I beat the ever-loving shit out of my keyboard on a regular basis.  Granted, I've spent several hundred dollars (perhaps more?) on replacement keyboards over the years, but I'm one of the most well-adjusted people that I know  
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
beat the keyboard lol i just go hiking.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top