Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2021 7:42:26 PM EDT
Trying to gauge the market....Yeah I know........

Lot next to my house just came up for sale. I'd like to buy it & have no neighbors or extend my yard.  Not to mention once it sells & gets built on I'll have to deal with that mess for months.  I'll also have to install a fence on that side. It's not cleared. Just over 10K SQ Ft. Same as mine.
They want 65K.  It valued in 2020 at $19K.  I never thought it would come for sale since the owners are 400 miles away.
Zillow prices are 55-65K in the area for similar lots.

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
That's less than a 1/4 acre and they want 65K?! They're outta their fucking mind!
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I would've hunted them down and asked for first right of refusal on the day you moved in ....

That said, I'd consider Just Paying It - depending on what the lack of neighbors would mean for you.  Or what the cost of avoiding the Wrong Neighbor would be.

Don't forget that you won't get homeowners insurance deduction on it ... unless you merge it with your lot, but then your property will get re-assessed...

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you located ? Housing market as everyone knows is crazy high . I think it's a really bad to to buy real estate unless you have to.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The housing craze is on again. I wish I bought some property near me a couple years ago for an investment when it was cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Location, location, location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top