BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2020 5:41:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Some National Guard troops appear to be carrying M4's but with no magazines. I wonder if they aren't issued any and it's just a "show of force". Also, the troops that do have magazines, I wonder if they are issued ammunition, if so, how much?

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard on the news they had live ammo, I'm sure they just were not allowed to lock and load until give permission.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard on the news they had live ammo, I'm sure they just were not allowed to lock and load until given permission.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard on the news they had live ammo, I'm sure they just were not allowed to lock and load until given permission.
View Quote

From what I've heard: They are issued three 30 round magazines. One is empty and to be in the rifle, the other two are full and are NOT to be inserted into the rifle unless ordered to.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From what I've heard: They are issued three 30 round magazines. One is empty and to be in the rifle, the other two are full and are NOT to be inserted into the rifle unless ordered to.

View Quote

I can't believe they are sending troops into a hot zone and not letting them have loaded rifles. If you can't trust them with a loaded firearm then they shouldn't be there in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Press conference the Adjunct General said they did have a live fire incident last night.  Car high speed at the troops ignored both verbal and other commands to stop.  One member opened fire with 3 rounds before the car fled the area.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#9]
ROE is supposed to be classified so that opposing forces can't use that knowledge to their benefit.  

The public knows the Guard is armed and has the right and authority to defend themselves and that's all we need to know.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't know that turning a bunch of part-time soldiers who aren't experts in crowd control loose with loaded rifles is a great plan, either from a standpoint of preventing accidental/unwarranted shootings or preventing the bad guys from getting their hands on loaded firearms.
View Quote

The "professionals" in the MPD and state patrol are the ones who've been embarrassing themselves.  The Guard has been doing great by all accounts I've seen.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The "professionals" in the MPD and state patrol are the ones who've been embarrassing themselves.  The Guard has been doing great by all accounts I've seen.
View Quote

The professionals are being kept on a very short leash. It was all fun and games decades ago on college campuses until one day the adults said enough is enough. A few minutes later after the National Guard opened fire on the charging "students", four laid deal and many more were wounded.

The moral of that story is at some point, Americans are going to say stop, and the rioters and looters had better comply. Exploding bodies all around tends to calm people down and drive them back into mommies basement.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw TV clips with M4 no mag on the streets and M4 with mag inserted over at the state capital grounds.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Well they confirmed one incident where they fired on a vehicle not stopping so we know there is ammo.  

I was at the capital (working not throwing pee bottles).  They have ammo.  100% confirmed

Though it is odd, I'm not a military guy and I don't know how their command structure works it seems some of them were on different pages.  I saw guys in full kit, mags in plate carriers and no rifle.  Most guys had empty rifles with mags somewhere on their person.  I offered to trade some 9mm for MRE's and they were good.  ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top