Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2021 2:41:36 PM EDT
I head up north tomorrow for some training and will be there until Tuesday.

Any good places to eat I should check out? Anything else I should see/do when I’m up there? Class is 8-5 so I should have plenty of time to check stuff out?

I’ve only driven through there and never stopped to do/see anything.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas Roadhouse, 402 W Neider Ave, Coeur d'Alene for Steak.

Fisherman’s Market & Grill, 215 W Kathleen Ave, Coeur d'Alene for fish.  

Cheap but pretty good Mexican Atilano's Mexican Food, 218 E Appleway Ave, Coeur d'Alene.

Sandpoint is close to the North.  Smoky here, AQI 169, worse around us.  

Tubbs Hill is a pleasant walk.

Built 1850–1853, Mission of the Sacred Heart, or Cataldo Mission is the oldest standing building in Idaho. 27 miles East on I-90.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Westwood Saloon in Rathdrum
Nadine's Mexican food in Rathdrum
Capones in CDA, Hayden, or Post Falls
Drummin Up BBQ Food truck on government Way
Meltz Grilled Cheese in CDA
The Breakfast in Nook in CDA for small town dinner lunch counter type food.
Surf Shack burgers in CDA for an In'n'out style burger
Republic Taphouse in Post Falls for good burgers and chicken sandwiches
The Bunker Bar food truck in Post Falls for burgers
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank guys for the responses!  Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Garnet Cafe has good breakfast as well. Michael D's has good breakfast and the portions are large.

I can't recommend Roger's burgers anymore. They changed suppliers and the burgers just aren't the same

Crafted is probably the trendiest place in CDA. Burgers are expensive, but they've got the best tap list in town. Honey is pretty good but again, almost anything near the resort is going to be pricey. Relic BBQ is decent for Idaho standards, but I was spoiled after spending a decade in the south.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Taco Loco for great street tacos

Agree on Nadine's in Rathdrum

Embers on the Lake or Embers on the Green for Pizza
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
We loved Chomper Cafe when we went last month. Recommended by someone in here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Hudson’s Hamburgers
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:29:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hudson’s Hamburgers
View Quote

CDA has so many great places to eat. I tried to make it to Hudson's while I was there a week ago but couldn't pull it off. They have weird hours. Close at 5PM.
Shiiki was fantastic for sushi, the taphouse had a fantastic burger as well and probably one of the best pretzels I've ever had in my life, and we had breakfast at the garnet cafe one morning which was also fantastic.

All the local food we had was great. Which is why this doesn't make sense: the hot to unattractive ratio for chicks was a bit ridiculous. Idk what's in the water there but there were more 9s and 10s walking around in a single place I couldn't believe it. It could be I was staring at hot butts and good food so much but I didn't see a single chick that was morbidly obese. And I wasn't the only one who noticed this either. Several of us all made the same observation.

Anyways, food is damn good almost anywhere you go.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Hit up Mad Bomber brewing in Hayden if you'd like a frosty adult beverage.

9265 N Government Way, Hayden, ID 83835

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top