Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2021 4:17:46 PM EDT

I'll be in BlackHawk for an upcoming work trip in September, but am staying an additional three nights to sight see.  I love Colorado and have skied at Winter Park many times and been to the San Juan Mountain Range area and loved that.

I like outdoors stuff a lot, but am open to city things too.  Willing to drive about 2 hours or so to see cool stuff.  Willing to stay in a different place each night but will fly out of Denver.

I like hiking, mountain biking, white water rafting.

Is there anywhere you can rent mountain bikes and go up a ski lift and then bike down? Any white water rafting in the area?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Watch the movie forward versus Ferrari.. 2 of the 3 cars that win the race in the end are any museum in Boulder. It's a pretty incredible collection.

It is called the Shelby American
Collection. It is only open on Saturdays and it's a must see.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Winter Park ski resort (and Granby Ranch) rent mountain bikes for downhilling.  Check it out.  Just beware, some of the runs are extreme.  Start on the greens, and move up to the blues/blacks.

Lots of hiking, exploring along the peak to peak highway near where you are working, too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Go eat at Helga’s German Restaurant in Aurora.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok I’ll bite. Why?
I thought it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Edelweiss in Colorado Springs has some awesome German food too.

I always enjoyed hanging out in Breckenridge during the summer months.  They got a decent distillery there now too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
There are a couple new Via Ferratas that would be pretty fun, one around Araphoe Basin.

If you're up for a good hike Longs Peak or if a shorter but similarly adventurous hike sounds appealing Torreys Peak via Kelso's Ridge is a fun scramble.

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Also depending on exactly when you're in town for city stuff if they're in town Rockies games are a lot of fun, Coors Field is a great experience and Lodo can be a fun place to go out with friends, Broncos games are a lot of fun as well. If there is a concert worth seeing Red Rocks is an amazing venue.  In the Boulder area the Flatirons are amazing, scramble the 2nd Flatiron for an adventure and Pearl St is great for dinner and drinks. Golden is also a cool town to hang out in.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a couple new Via Ferratas that would be pretty fun, one around Araphoe Basin.

If you're up for a good hike Longs Peak or if a shorter but similarly adventurous hike sounds appealing Torreys Peak via Kelso's Ridge is a fun scramble.

View Quote

Kelso’s ridge is one of the funnest things I’ve ever done. Bonus points bring an ice axe and glissade down the couloir that’s right there. I believe it’s Dead Dog couloir if memory serves.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kelso’s ridge is one of the funnest things I’ve ever done. Bonus points bring an ice axe and glissade down the couloir that’s right there. I believe it’s Dead Dog couloir if memory serves.
View Quote

It is Dead Dog couloir, but you couldn't glissade it this time of year, it would be bullet hard from all the freeze thaw cycles. I've been up it, but didn't glissade it as there were more climbers beneath us, and honestly I don't know that I'd have the cojones to glissade it, it's steep and long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top