Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2021 3:27:10 AM EDT
Tomorrow is day 14 for me at Rainier arms.
Pretty stupid shit since I have a CCP.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
10 days IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, this is the new normal for now.  I have several customers on hold and coming close to the 30 day mark due to a hold delivery by police dept.  Please give your dealers and LE dept a break, they are working as fast as they can.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel like I've lost track of all the WA bullshit and I haven't bought a single gun since 1639. Is that the cause of the delays?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The LE departments I believe can get the basic NICS and local background checks done fairly fast for someone with a spotless record.  I believe the time consuming part is waiting for the state to reply back with the mental health checks.  I'm not 100% sure on this, but every time I call and check the status, they say 'waiting for results from the state".  Sometimes if you have anything pending or had something done at the courts, they have to request those records too.  1639's only effect on LEO, was having to do 200% more background checks including for all handguns, semi-auto rifle, and that includes pawn shop redemption too.

The ATF/FBI and the State of WA do not consider the CPL to be valid for gun transfers.  Heck the ATF doesn't even allow it to be used as proof of current address.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:I haven't bought a single gun since 1639.
View Quote

How old are you?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, this is the new normal for now.  I have several customers on hold and coming close to the 30 day mark due to a hold delivery by police dept.  Please give your dealers and LE dept a break, they are working as fast as they can.
View Quote

Fucking bullshit. PDs can't put a 30 day hold on someone just because they are waiting for results. They have to have a legit reason. Someone needs to fight this
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Whoosh right over my head. Lol
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't seen one over 10 business days. Though I have seen a letter a while back asking for patience of background checks due to high volume going through.
Guess SAR is biting them in the butt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Well.... I have a spotless record and have never had a problem before only difference is the state of Washington is involved.

It would really suck if I were someone who needed this pistol NOW, to defend myself or my family.

This will be the last gun I buy in Washington.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to wait 17 days for an SKS! An SKS! Now that I am armed with an SKS, a south american country or two could fall to me now that I wield the awesome firepower of a ten shot, over  seventy year old weapon of mass destruction. God have mercy on my enemies, I-1639 has failed the free world.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How old are you?
View Quote

I haven’t purchased any pistols or semis since 1639 as well. Curious if I can select non-binary on the 4473 now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#12]
If you guys are not purchasing firearms because of 1639, then the left will be winning.  We all know these laws do not prevent criminals from acquiring firearms, just to prevent lawn abiding citizens from purchasing them.  The basic NICS check would do just fine if they would revamp it and bring it to the 21st century, its like it still stuck in the old AOL dial up days.  None of these new laws mention anything to prevent criminals from acquiring firearms, just to make it harder or financially impossible for regular citizens from purchasing.

This is the goal of the left in stages, first make it harder to purchase and sell, second is financially restrict purchasing by placing fees and taxes on guns and ammo, and lastly the final nail is to ban them and make current owners criminals because we won't give them up.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#13]
This fucking state is hopeless.

When someone with a spotless record who already has a CCP and TWIC has to wait a month to pick up a ten round pistol it's pretty much a done deal.

I've been planning my retirement and building my retirement home in Idaho for the last 25 years.

I'm now a little less than two years out and cant wait to GTFO of this liberal cesspool of a state.

After living in Washington my whole life I feel bad for any gun owner that has to stay here.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When someone with a spotless record who already has a CCP and TWIC has to wait a month to pick up a ten round pistol it's pretty much a done deal.

I've been planning my retirement and building my retirement home in Idaho for the last 25 years.

I'm now a little less than two years out and cant wait to GTFO of this liberal cesspool of a state.

After living in Washington my whole life I feel bad for any gun owner that has to stay here.
View Quote

I never got NICS delays until I got a security clearance and a CAC. Then bam, almost every purchase became a delay.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Agreed.
My last rifle was 3 weeks.
I am leaving Kali North, next year.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you guys are not purchasing firearms because of 1639, then the left will be winning.
View Quote

I can't recall which legislation it was but one of the crap laws to come out of the AG's anus would allow the man to come around and perform an inspection after the sale.  I wasn't totally aware of all the changes until I made my last purchase I'll ever make in this state.  I wish I could precisely point to where I read the objectionable demands but it's been a year or so since I did my research. It was by far the most concerning tidbit of the law when I read it at the time, so much so I decided right then we're leaving as soon as we can.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sure that young mother that has the restraining order against her homicidal ex will be just fine while she waits weeks for her self-defense weapon.

The Democrat's War on Women.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quickest was 4 days, pre-covid. This last one was a week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I got a proceed yesterday after starting the check last Saturday. So... 4 business days? Not bad. Bellevue PD did the check
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm bout to find out, I have a gun coming in that I can't separate into parts and a frame.  Pretty silly to make someone wait for weeks when they've already got a bunch of firearms, especially when the gun in question was designed in 1873...
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
 Pretty silly to make someone wait for weeks when they've already got a bunch of firearms, especially when the gun in question was designed in 1873...
View Quote

Proof blanket laws are lazy legislation and that antis dont give a shit except for their agenda. If they were truly concerned about mass shooters/suicide/crime they'd make the waiting period apply to first time buyers only (minus protection order needs).
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#22]
The background wait times are due to the Police Agency doing the background check (whichever jurisdiction you live within).  

For example, if you're in Puyallup, it'll be a long ass wait because the check is done by LESA, and they do a ton of them.  Same if you're in King County Sheriff, Seattle PD, Pierce County Sheriff jurisdiction.  If you live within Kent PD, Lacey PD, etc. it's like 3-4 business days.  The smaller departments do far fewer and process them very quickly.  As a side note, all the awful places to live are really slow at turning checks around,

Now, with "assault weapons" there's a mandatory 10 day wait, no matter what department is doing the background check.  Things like bolt guns, receivers, pump guns and single shots, are obviously run through NICS and can deliver on the spot with a proceed.  So buy an AR stripped receiver and complete upper and parts, and take that baby home on the spot  

Aside from maybe taking an extra day to fax off the paperwork or to call you once the check comes back, the dealer has absolutely nothing to do with the wait time for the check, it's the Police Department that is responsible for all that.  And I don't think the dealers like having to store your gun there for two weeks anymore than you like leaving it there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Started a handgun transfer last month, took about 10 days. But I live in the country, everything is slower around here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Not to mention a few forms go missing when sent to PD or the PD faxes the response to a different store by mistake.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not to mention a few forms go missing when sent to PD or the PD faxes the response to a different store by mistake.
View Quote

Good thing 10 days is the maximum and only shitty dealers don't release the firearm then
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a clean record and my last check took 10 business days for a handgun.   I live in Auburn, so I’m OK with the 10 days wait... Not happy, but it is what it is.  

My last semi-auto rifle I bought, last summer, took 10-12 day to clear before I could pick it up.

With Washington State going full-retard, I don’t see this getting any better anytime soon.   Seriously, I know it sucks to jump through all these extra hoops, but we have to since as stated above, that’s their plan is to piss us off and stop us from purchasing firearms.

Screw them!!  As long as I’m in this State, I’ll continue to buy guns and wait since the way “I” see it, I’m dick slapping all the libtards every time I get the call to pick up my firearm... Which is a freaking win in my books!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you guys are not purchasing firearms because of 1639, then the left will be winning.  We all know these laws do not prevent criminals from acquiring firearms, just to prevent lawn abiding citizens from purchasing them.  The basic NICS check would do just fine if they would revamp it and bring it to the 21st century, its like it still stuck in the old AOL dial up days.  None of these new laws mention anything to prevent criminals from acquiring firearms, just to make it harder or financially impossible for regular citizens from purchasing.

This is the goal of the left in stages, first make it harder to purchase and sell, second is financially restrict purchasing by placing fees and taxes on guns and ammo, and lastly the final nail is to ban them and make current owners criminals because we won't give them up.

View Quote

You are absolutely correct. I will continue to buy firearms and encourage friends and family to do the same. I also try to promote shooting sports to keep our traditions alive.

Sorry for the thread hijack - 14 days was the longest for me. 4 days has been average.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:29:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Bought another one wed. Im expecting middle to end of next week.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got the call to pick it up

Thats what, 5 working days? 4 if you dont count the day of purchase.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#30]
17 days, they say they called at 12days, but no missed calls.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Four days the longest, two the shortest.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
19 days was the longest and 4 days was the shortest I’ve had.

Now I’m looking at buying a new semi auto shotgun and I’m being told that 1639 applies to those too. I can’t find it in the actual law though. It says “semiautomatic assault rifle” in the law. No mention of shotguns and last time I checked shotguns are not rifles. Anyone know for sure if this stupid law applies to semi auto shotguns?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now I’m looking at buying a new semi auto shotgun and I’m being told that 1639 applies to those too. I can’t find it in the actual law though. It says “semiautomatic assault rifle” in the law. No mention of shotguns and last time I checked shotguns are not rifles. Anyone know for sure if this stupid law applies to semi auto shotguns?
View Quote

If its pump, lever action, bolt action or break open its same day. Any pistol is the background wait. Any semi auto rifle/shotgun falls under the 10 day bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Are you guys sure about semi shotguns being on the wait time? I thought all shotguns were not part of it.

I could be misremembering, but you guys might be right.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If its pump, lever action, bolt action or break open its same day. Any pistol is the background wait. Any semi auto rifle/shotgun falls under the 10 day bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong. No shotguns fall under 1639.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about a semi-auto rifled shotgun? Like the Benelli M2.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

And what about a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that would not be a "firearm", so even a full auto phased plasma rifle in the 40W range would be unregulated, except maybe by the FDA.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still an instant NICS check
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I've had good luck recently.  Just happened to have a couple of handguns come my way recently.  One I started on Friday 2/19;  one Sat 2/20; one Wed 2/24.  The first dealer called my yesterday to say it was approved and both of the other ones were approved on Tue 3/2.

I live in Pierce County, so these would have been handled by South Sound 911..."the single point of failure for background checks" as one of the dealers said.  But all of these came back under 10 business days.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top