Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2018 5:28:55 PM EDT
Hey gang, visiting London currently, having a blast. The tube is awesome, easy to get around and cheap.

Seems there's a disconnect from the beer at the pub and the Tesco/Sainsbury's.

Seems like Stella, Heineken, Karlsbourg, Fosters are available at the grocers (supermarket) , while pubs have an array of UK beer. Also, in my limited experience, it is difficult to find refrigerated beer at the grocers.

Any input? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Most shop here have beer and soft drinks in fridges. I dont drink myself but was brought up in a pub
Theres plenty of them about, dont forget you cant carry any weapons over here.
Atb
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Back from London/Salisbury tour. The hospitality of your country is amazing! Lots of local beer. Also introduced to beer where they have to pump it by hand (forgot the term).

Another contrast is the nudity on late night tv there. I'm not a prude but the mainstream US would have a stroke from it. Yet they show people getting blown up and chopped up on tv here.

Cheers, lads!
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Draught ?
Are you still in the uk ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top