Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2017 5:51:53 AM EDT
First, let me introduce myself. I'm from Texas...I'm sure that's enough to turn plenty of you off...so if you've stayed with me this far, I'm just curious on your input of wolves into your area..pluses or minuses, just curious how it's percieved up in Big Sky country...thanks...
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Gary.  I've been hog hunting in TX and had a blast.  Wolves are an abomination that was forced on us and 80-90% of the locals here in the

NW were against it.  They have decimated the elk herds in some hunt areas including the one my family hunted for 25 years.  There are also about

twice too many Griz now imo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Lived in WY for the past 11 years and am an avid hunter/outdoorsman. My thoughts on the matter are that they have a place in the environment, but they need to be managed (aka killed) to keep their population size in check. Current management practices in much of the West are to let wolf populations expand with no way to manage numbers. They have no natural predators and can't be managed by sportsmen in most areas either. Thankfully Wyoming has the right idea in terms of how manage their populations though. That being said, they've still had a huge impact on elk and moose populations in and around Yellowstone/Jackson and the rest of the state before the implementation of the current management plan.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:32:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm all about population control, just like every other game animal here.

This video is probably the dumbest I've ever seen...

Wolves Change Rivers

Oh and....we're not "Big Sky" country, that's Montana.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
They're good in chilli...
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got some in the neighborhood:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

As far as I'm concerned, just another hunting opportunity. Haven't had any trouble finding elk- shot one of my two elk this fall a half mile from where this picture was taken.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top