Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2022 4:00:29 PM EDT
I went and voted this morning and as luck would have it, my ballot got creased up pretty good by the counting machine/machine you put the paper ballot in.  The women there took an ink pen and wrote void on the damaged ballot and issued me a new ballot which was immediately accepted by the second machine.  Is this an acceptable process?  Will the second (replacement) ballot be counted as a provisional?  Any possible problems that could come of this?  This is a new thing for me (the damage) so I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience.  

If you didn't follow what I said above, I'll try to be more clear here.  

After signing in, I was taken to a machine where a blank paper slip was inserted.  I made my selections and hit the button to say I was finished.  The previously blank sheet of paper came out of the machine and then had my selections on it.  I walked over to another machine where I was instructed to insert the ballot.  The first go-round, the machine did not read the ballot over the course of several tries.  The lock cam was in the locked position and caught the ballot, damaging it.  Further attempts were unsuccessful.  After this, the ballot was taken and "VOID" was written on it with an ink pen.  I was given a new blank piece of paper and made my selections again.  After the ballot was printed, it was accepted by the second machine.  

Sorry if there is any confusion.  I'm sure there will be some.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top