BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Renton Walmart crowded but well-stocked except flour, hot dogs and TP. Renton Target well-stocked except for flour and TP. QFC on Broadway completely stocked except for flour.
View Quote

Flour is out everywhere I hear. I never knew we had so many bakers here.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Flour is out everywhere I hear. I never knew we had so many bakers here.
View Quote

My better half has been cooking up a storm all week, it's been great!
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My better half has been cooking up a storm all week, it's been great!
View Quote

No shit.

Usually only rich people or welfare folks stay home and eat 3 meals a day everyday with the entire family.

Definitely not normal. Definitely nice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
working 65 + hours a week. glad I bought ammo when it was normal pricing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Probably not but sure makes it easy to arrest anyone with a CPL or truck gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with their verbage is "possession of firearms." Does that mean in your home? They'd have to go door to door and that will take a LOT of time

Probably not but sure makes it easy to arrest anyone with a CPL or truck gun.

You guys are talking about 9 right? Are you guys not reading the AND part?

9. An order prohibiting the carrying or possession of firearms or any instrument which is capable of
producing bodily harm and which is carried or possessed with the intent to use the same to cause such harm;
provided, that any such order shall not apply to peace officers or military personnel engaged in the
performance of their official duties;

7. Seems worse. Shall not be impaired.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
SITREP from the Silverdale Sportsman's Warehouse:

They're only allowing a certain number of people in the store.  When I went, there was a short line outside, socially distanced by about five feet.

The lady manning the front door made an announcement that
- there was no ammo except maybe you might find a box or two of .380 but totally out of 9mm and .45acp.  
- She said the wait to buy a gun was four to five hours.
- Only two boxes of ammo per person.

I was only in line for about five minutes.  Inside it was quieter than normal.  Despite the announcement there was several boxes of .380 and I saw some 45 Long Colt.  There still .22 LR and shorts on the shelf.  They do have some handguns, but since I wasn't there for any of those things I didn't pay very close attention.

I went in for some small pistol primers, which they had.  I'd guess about eight boxes on the shelf.  Some rifle primers too but again I wasn't paying that much attention to that.  The cashier Told me my box of bullets counted as one box of ammo.    I told her it wasn't ammo and had to explain it to her.  She only let me buy one box of small pistol primers (I had two).

They did have a little 40S&W, .357Sig, and 44mag defense ammo.  One of the .40 defense ammo was Winchester Train & Defend hollowpoints marked at $14.99, but they rang up at $9.99 at the register.  I picked up two boxes on impulse.

I posted some pictures of it below.  Looks old.  Bullets are tarnished and the cases look like they've been stored damp.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally, Bellingham Costco returning to normal!  Actually, better than normal because no Canadians.

Plenty of TP and meat.  Although no Chicken Legs.  And still a limit of one on each poultry sku.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at a Fred Meyer on 72nd and Pacific in Tacoma today for work. Twice.  Once before 10:00 and once after 2:00.

AM run was pretty average for the last couple of weeks.  Afternoon was crazy.

Both times I noticed a LOT more people wearing masks and for the first time during this deal, nitrile gloves.  More glove wearers than mask wearers though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Gloves have been easier to get than masks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to get gas a Costco this morning at 6;30am no problem there . After Costco I stopped at Wally world to pick up a few items like rice , butter , sardines , milk  no problem . I make my way over to get some tissues and toilet paper and there is a security guard at the toilet paper shelves making sure everyone takes just one package . I thought , you got to be kidding me .  

If people would just go in and shop like normal and not hord things there would be no shortage of things .  Years ago I made up a shit hit the fan preparedness kit and kept it up to date ' glad I did .  MC
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went to get gas a Costco this morning at 6;30am no problem there . After Costco I stopped at Wally world to pick up a few items like rice , butter , sardines , milk  no problem . I make my way over to get some tissues and toilet paper and there is a security guard at the toilet paper shelves making sure everyone takes just one package . I thought , you got to be kidding me .  

If people would just go in and shop like normal and not hord things there would be no shortage of things .  Years ago I made up a shit hit the fan preparedness kit and kept it up to date ' glad I did .  MC
View Quote

One of my wife's friends works at Costco. She says even though they have the entry limits and limits on purchasing amounts of paper products, they have people RUN from the entrance to the back of the store where they keep that stuff.

She also said best time to go is dinner time. My wife was there yesterday and said it was pretty normal. So other than the TP people seem to be settling down.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Still no TP at Safeway or Fred Meyer in Longview.

Managed to pick up a couple packs of TP at Dollar General just as the semi truck made delivery.

Also stopped at Gators Guns in Kelso, they said they received an essential business designation due to their unique services to local law enforcement. Gators was out of 5.56 and .380, I found a couple boxes of 9mm and .22LR, but it was going fast. They had some of the higher priced .300 blackout Hornady 110 grain left on their shelf.

Grocery stores seemed a little less busy than a few days ago, and many people seemed to have a far away look in their eyes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Stock levels mostly back to normal on the east side, except for cleaning supplies etc. Social distancing in the stores is awesome, finally no more pushy people.

Didn't go to Costco though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Sportsman's in Silverdale appears to have gotten some ammo restock- they were putting it out while I was there this evening.  Looked like they got a broad selection of calibers.

They had large pistol and various rifle primers, but no small pistol primers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Skagit Arms had quite a bit of ammo today. We’ll see if Whatcom county is processing background checks. Just bought a G45 this morning.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Attempted to hit Costco around noon today. Line of people out the door about 200ft long. Fuuuuuck that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Bellingham PD and Whatcom county sheriff's are still conducting background checks despite the confusing letter they sent out about the stay at home order.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Attempted to hit Costco around noon today. Line of people out the door about 200ft long. Fuuuuuck that.
View Quote

Which Costco was this?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Which Costco was this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which Costco was this?

East Vancouver.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

East Vancouver.
View Quote

Thanks, I might make a go at visiting that one tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#21]
First Friday and weekend of the month, yeah, peeps got their bennies......
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bellingham PD and Whatcom county sheriff's are still conducting background checks despite the confusing letter they sent out about the stay at home order.
View Quote

As they should

South Sound 911 initially sent out a notice that they would not be conducting background checks. Many of us reminded them that if a gun is released to a prohibited person and they use it to commit a crime then South Sound 911 is liable

Their tune changed pretty quick

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

As they should

South Sound 911 initially sent out a notice that they would not be conducting background checks. Many of us reminded them that if a gun is released to a prohibited person and they use it to commit a crime then South Sound 911 is liable

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As they should

All the departments have been trying to say that unless an NTN number is provided to the dealer, then the dealer can't release regardless of how many days its been.  You can read it right on KingCo Sheriff's website:
https://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/depts/sheriff/documents/services/I-1639.ashx?la=en

Right after the first yellow highlight.  That position predates the COVID-19 bullshit.

That is not what the RCW says however, so their interpretation is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know if they’re backed up? Seems like most gun stores have shut down up here.

@welpro222
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

East Vancouver.

I arrived at 850am, The line was already back to the truck receiving area. That’s actually not bad considering everyone is spacing out. I was in the first batch let in. There was plenty of TP and paper towels at the time. I asked the warehouse manager when they’re the least busy and he said 4pm-6pm. He also said they started closing earlier because almost no one was coming in after 6pm or thereabouts.

Plenty of food in stock. I mean, everything was there. Except French’s mustard and Kirkland Irish Cream
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Went to Home Depot for a length of garden hose so I can start pressure washing the sidewalks and driveway.  Line of people waiting because they're metering how many people can be inside.

Went to Lowes.  Walked right in like normal.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Renton Walmart finally has flour
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Renton Walmart? Man if you're going to catch something, it seems that would be the place to go to do it. I haven't been down there in a while, is it still as trashy as it always was?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Renton Walmart? Man if you're going to catch something, it seems that would be the place to go to do it. I haven't been down there in a while, is it still as trashy as it always was?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2nd worst Walmart I've ever been to. The only one that tops it is the Walmart in Dundalk, MD.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Tacoma Walmart is pretty bad as well

I like going to the Walmart in Chehalis, there's almost always a few Amish-type families there for entertainment. I don't know what they are - Mennonites maybe?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Went to Safeway this morning around 6:30 and was able to get much needed paper towels. Also they had Clorox wipes, which we needed as well. Tons of TP.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tacoma Walmart is pretty bad as well

I like going to the Walmart in Chehalis, there's almost always a few Amish-type families there for entertainment. I don't know what they are - Mennonites maybe?
View Quote

Dunno about Chehalis, but here in rural Clark County we have what we are often called "Bunners", Apostolic Lutherans. They have a ton of kids, don't allow TVs in the house, that kinda thing. Largely of Finnish/Norwegian descent. The women all look similar and dress similarly. They're called "Bunners" because the women have to have their hair in a bun in public when they're married to my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any walmart is my guess. This is a community virus, avoid popular places and walmart is fucking popular where ever you go.

Im in a smaller town. Hit the local grocery store this morning when they opened at 6. Only a handful of elderly people. I asked the checkout gal if they'd had any fall out sick yet. She said not yet but the large town over (5mi away) had 3 employees positive at the fred meyers and 10 at the walmart.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Longview Fred Meyer was fairly busy this afternoon. Noticed an uptick in shoppers wearing Face masks, but still less than 10%.

The TP shelves were about 50% stocked, so definite improvement in that area.

Also stopped by Sportsman Warehouse in Kelso. There was a waiting line at the firearms counter, but I wasn't in it. Their target ammo looked pretty low in stock, but I picked up one box of American Eagle for a reasonable price.

Plenty of hunting rifle ammo on the shelf.

Regular gas at $2.79 at Shell and Chevron.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#35]
The Fred Meyer on mountain highway in spanaway was interesting today.  Lot's of people wearing masks. It seemed like ~50%, but it was probably only 25% in reality.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Yesterday I got a case of Corona Light beer and a 12 pack of T/P at the Puyallup South Hill Wally world , I'm set .  MC
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Skagit Arms has a ton of ammo in stock today. They also got in a CZ Scorpion that I ended up picking up yesterday. They got a shipment of Gen 5G19’s in so i bought one today as well.

We will see how long I have to wait...
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:46:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Port Orchard area is just about normal I'd say minus the masks and gloves. My daughter is a checker at a local grocery and things have been pretty slow compared to the run up to the stay at home order and the day or two after.
Noticed that people are starting to let up on the social distancing guidelines when in conversations at stores etc. I've overheard a few tellers instructing people here and there to observe the rules. I stay the hell out of walmart so no idea what that insanity is like.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:17:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Seems like traffic has been picking back up the last couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:12:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Yeah I noticed that too today. Good news though, the Army emergency hospital at century link is being dismantled after seeing zero patients. Inslee also sent back 400 ventilators as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/centurylink-field-hospital-to-be-dismantled-sent-to-state-with-greater-need/ar-BB12lipA
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Olympia Target had low amounts of TP and paper towels in stock.  Food staples are back in stock except for elbow macaroni.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Couldn't find any frozen shrimp today
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Safeway didnt have the deodorant I use
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've heard lack of deodorant is an effective way to social distance one's self.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

We know.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top