Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2020 11:36:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a deep blue state. I came here from California and I gotta say it's more liberal here.
Besides that there's poverty and meth everywhere.

Eastern oregon seems better, very conservative, but you still get ruled by Portland.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've lived in The Dalles for 15 years.  It's a small old historic town - End of the Oregon Trail.  If I won the $300mil lottery I would stay in town I'd just move further up the hill and have an Alpaca Farm on one side of the property and a MG/rifle range on the other.  That's the only change I would make.  Oregon may be a Democrat state because it's all mail in voting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The dems hate putting people in prison (unless they're a conservative).
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I love John day country especially the Mitchell area.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I was born in Bend, family has owned homes there for the last 60 years.    Thing's I hate about Oregon . . . . .Bottle tax, paper bag tax, Homeless tax.    The lib's are coming for guns, they have been trying for several years now and each time it gets closer to happening.     Oh and all the crap that is going on in Portland is effecting the rest of the state.        I had planned to retire in Bend but not any more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was born in Bend, family has owned homes there for the last 60 years.    Thing's I hate about Oregon . . . . .Bottle tax, paper bag tax, Homeless tax.    The lib's are coming for guns, they have been trying for several years now and each time it gets closer to happening.     Oh and all the crap that is going on in Portland is effecting the rest of the state.        I had planned to retire in Bend but not any more.
View Quote

This and fires.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, usually the guy pumping your gas isn’t anyone you want anywhere near your car
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, usually the guy pumping your gas isn’t anyone you want anywhere near your car
View Quote

Motorcycles are good to go.. also, the REAL part of the state allows us to pump our own gas now.

May 2020 - good guys can pump own gas.. not Karen
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#10]
2 of my sisters live in eastern Oregon. 1 in wheat country and the other in cattle country. I enjoy the visits with them over there. You could do worse. Most of the folks over there are decent people that mind their own business.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I found this Here.
________
"Political opinions in Oregon are geographically split by the Cascade Range, with western Oregon being more liberal and Eastern Oregon being conservative.[99] In a 2008 analysis of the 2004 presidential election, a political analyst found that according to the application of a Likert scale, Oregon boasted both the most liberal Kerry voters and the most conservative Bush voters, making it the most politically polarized state in the country"
________
My uncle used to live in eastern oregon, one time my mother was asking him if they have all these liberals over there to and he had to think about it and he was like "well, I'm sure we must have democrats over here". He didn't know a single liberal. I'm all for making a new state east of the cascades. I'd be trapped in the western side, but I'd move and it'd be closer that hauling my shit to Idaho! People already treat this like 2 states. Everybody will say "eastern oregon", like it's another state. I've never once heard of our governor (makes me sick to say "our") going to eastern oregon or talking about the issues of rural eastern oregonians. She's preoccupied with her antifa and Portland.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#13]
the income tax, taxes and more taxes. Meth heads, Liberals going evermore. I want to leave but 7 years away from retirement.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top