Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2020 9:50:00 PM EDT
I have a sister in Colorado Springs that just went on hospice care. Lung cancer. Sounds like I need to rent a car and drive out there in the next week or two.

What's going on there? They going to let me in lol? Can I drive around when I'm there?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a sister in Colorado Springs that just went on hospice care. Lung cancer. Sounds like I need to rent a car and drive out there in the next week or two.

What's going on there? They going to let me in lol? Can I drive around when I'm there?
View Quote

It will be fine when you get here.  Still lots of traffic around.  No one is getting stopped.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

You may want to call the hospice before you go. Some hospices have shut down visitors entirely and others allow one visitor a day.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Driving to a grocery store is OK, so you are always driving to a grocery store.  
Grocery stores have marked the floors so you know where to stand to keep your distance in the check out line.
Restaurants big & small are allowed to serve drive up window to go - lots of good restaurant food is available.
Bring hand sanitizer and wipes. Hard  to find around here.
Plenty of people out walking, walking dogs, kids playing outside in my neighborhood.

Flights into Co S airport are fewer and fewer, but may be worth a look at the bargain rates.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Driving to a grocery store is OK, so you are always driving to a grocery store.  
Grocery stores have marked the floors so you know where to stand to keep your distance in the check out line.
Restaurants big & small are allowed to serve drive up window to go - lots of good restaurant food is available.
Bring hand sanitizer and wipes. Hard  to find around here.
Plenty of people out walking, walking dogs, kids playing outside in my neighborhood.

Flights into Co S airport are fewer and fewer, but may be worth a look at the bargain rates.
View Quote

Flying to see someone in hospice is probably the worst idea ever.

Lots of activity in my area.  I just moved to CO and have out of state plates because I can't get CO plates.  Haven't had any issues and I have seen a lot of out of state plates around.

Sorry to hear about your sister.  I wish you and your family the best
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
We’ve got condition red and we are definitely expecting rain.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Tough call.  I’m not gonna make it.  I will keep you and her in our prayers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top