Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2017 8:25:41 AM EDT
I have an odd work schedule that helps me miss everything, from gun shows to Appleseed shoots.  Is there any place or anyone in MS that I could go to for a half day or one day course for pistol or carbine training?  I've thought about trying to get someone 'big' down here for a class, like Falla, Haley or the Warrior Poet but I'd probably end up being the only one there, if I could make it at all :D. Thoughts gentlemen, and ladies?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
@Pig-Pen pick up the white courtesy phone please.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I only allow people fatter than me into my tacticool classes. Unfortunately, that limits my potential students to a select few.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Beaux-Beaux on this board (North MS).
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
This place helped out a local charity event one year.  I have not taken a course with them and I am not affiliated.  Prices don't seem that bad.

Elite arms
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are you in Mississippi?

Mississippi combat training academy
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only allow people fatter than me into my tacticool classes. Unfortunately, that limits my potential students to a select few.  
View Quote

Oh good, I can attend.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
About an hour and change from there. Just above Hattiesburg.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I would recommend giving him a shout.  Mike spends a good bit of time overseas so has to plan stuff a bit out.  But, he has several curricula that might line up with what you want.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, I would recommend giving him a shout.  Mike spends a good bit of time overseas so has to plan stuff a bit out.  But, he has several curricula that might line up with what you want.
View Quote
Thanks.  I'll give him a shout.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#10]
There has to be someone closer to you than Miker and I.

Always glad to hear someone wants to learn.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I signed up for the MCTA news and it said I get a free range day so I'm going to go down on Aug 16 or so and check them out.  I'll try to get an idea of what they can offer that can't be articulated on a web page. Apparently the head guy is a SBS guy so he SHOULD be GTG. The last time I was able to attend a "formal" training event was in 2008 and I had to drive to Moyock NC for that one, AND take an additional 5 days off work pas my normal 14 at the time.  The class WAS taught by Jason Falla so I call it even steven
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I signed up for the MCTA news and it said I get a free range day so I'm going to go down on Aug 16 or so and check them out.  I'll try to get an idea of what they can offer that can't be articulated on a web page. Apparently the head guy is a SBS guy so he SHOULD be GTG. The last time I was able to attend a "formal" training event was in 2008 and I had to drive to Moyock NC for that one, AND take an additional 5 days off work pas my normal 14 at the time.  The class WAS taught by Jason Falla so I call it even steven
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are closed on weekdays except to members.  They are only open to the public on weekends.  I would suggest giving Mike an e-mail or contacting him on the FaceBook before you come down.  He is a security contractor and spends a good bit of time out overseas.  He has ROs that run the range on weekends.

I went through his Gunfighter 101 class (an advanced rifle/pistol class) and my wife went though his  Woman's Pistol class.

Short video I made of the Gunfighter 101 class.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice video.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Trupoint Tactical is in my neck of the woods.  I'm not affiliated

Trupoint Tactical
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Mississippi Combat Training Academy is about an hour drive.  http://www.mctarange.com/

Boondocks Firearms Training Academy, near Jackson, is about a 1.5 hour drive from Hattiesburg.  https://www.boondocksfta.com/

Advantage Group is also about 1.5 hours away, but in Louisiana.  http://advantagegrouptraining.com/
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Any update on what you selected?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Good to see we didn't go 10 days without a post.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#18]
My hubs goes to advantage group a good bit. We live in Brookhaven. He doesn't get on arf much but does Facebook if you want to get in touch with him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#19]
And look up Shivworks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Of course my work schedule saw that I couldn't make anything that was scheduled this year so far. With 8 days at home per month my play time gets really thin.  Next year I MAY be changing to a day for day schedule so I'll have anywhere from 14-20 days off at a time.  MCTA is the closest training center to me and I thing I read that they offer....unconventional training schedules, so I may look harder into that.  I appreciate all the info provided so far.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#21]
You can do one on one training with the Ragsdales at Elite.  I have several times.  They are very legit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top