Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2021 7:06:16 PM EDT
My Tom found a gun he wanted on their web site.  I have a credit card, so I went to the site to buy it for him and he would give me the money.  They gave a discount for using Paypal.  So I went through my paypal account.  Paypal said they sent it.  That was on Sunday.  Today, I went to Paypal to change something, and found they had refunded the money.  I went to Top Guns and chatted on line with them.  They asked if I had a Cashapp account.  I did not.  I tried to call paypal, but got aggravated.  I then went and opened up an account on cashapp, but then it asked for my debit card.  I do not have one, so could not pay through them.  THEN...the red flag came up...TopGun asked me if I could get a gift card.  That is when I found a way to get paypal on the phone...the lady was foreign, and rattled off a number of some kind, then told me that she could not tell me why the transaction did not go through.  I then searched the BBB.  No listing for them.  Went back to TopGun and asked if they were registered with the BBB.  No answer.  Then I put the address in search, and found THIS web site as someone on here was asking about Top Gun.  Someone else answered the dude and said they went out of business in 2019.  I went back to Top Gun, and told them "I KNOW WHY you don't take credit cards, and paypal stopped the payment...Hope you all get caught!"  Should have known something was wrong when they would not take my credit card, but I am a trusting person....not no more!  I will research every site I buy from...from now on.  Anyone else had a problem with Top Gun of Texas?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I replied to someone about a month or so ago about Top Guns in Waxahachie  Midlothian.

As far as I can tell, the website is a scam and they are in NO WAY the people that owned/operated the original Top Gun in Waxahachie.  The information on Top Guns of Texas is public record and there are a few posts in other forums/social media that have traced and linked the websites.

There are several scam sites using the name of gun stores that have closed down in the last few years...all the sites seem to tie into the same group of people.  

There are a lot of people in the Texas HTF that would recommend reputable businesses if asked.

mm
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Also never buy gun stiff with paypal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Paypal will reject payments for guns and many gun-parts.  Careful what you do on the inner-nets.

Interesting firt-post.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#4]
What you described is a straw purchase and illegal.  Your friend needs to buy their own firearm.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Tom found a gun he wanted on their web site.  I have a credit card, so I went to the site to buy it for him and he would give me the money.  They gave a discount for using Paypal.  So I went through my paypal account.  Paypal said they sent it.  That was on Sunday.  Today, I went to Paypal to change something, and found they had refunded the money.  I went to Top Guns and chatted on line with them.  They asked if I had a Cashapp account.  I did not.  I tried to call paypal, but got aggravated.  I then went and opened up an account on cashapp, but then it asked for my debit card.  I do not have one, so could not pay through them.  THEN...the red flag came up...TopGun asked me if I could get a gift card.  That is when I found a way to get paypal on the phone...the lady was foreign, and rattled off a number of some kind, then told me that she could not tell me why the transaction did not go through.  I then searched the BBB.  No listing for them.  Went back to TopGun and asked if they were registered with the BBB.  No answer.  Then I put the address in search, and found THIS web site as someone on here was asking about Top Gun.  Someone else answered the dude and said they went out of business in 2019.  I went back to Top Gun, and told them "I KNOW WHY you don't take credit cards, and paypal stopped the payment...Hope you all get caught!"  Should have known something was wrong when they would not take my credit card, but I am a trusting person....not no more!  I will research every site I buy from...from now on.  Anyone else had a problem with Top Gun of Texas?
View Quote

PayPal is anti-gun.  It's against their terms of service to use PayPal to buy guns or ammo.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What you described is a straw purchase and illegal.  Your friend needs to buy their own firearm.

Semper Fi
View Quote

Straw purchase would depends who fills out the 4473 when picking up at the FFL it was shipped to. If the gun was for Tom, then Tom needs to fill out the 4473 and do the back ground check.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that phone number on their website legit?

Comes back to New Mexico unless they somehow changed it to Ellis Co.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Looked into them when the last guy posted asking. Has all the scammer trademarks, including a wide variety of in-stock ammo at 2019 prices
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Arfcom search is kinda weird....I found the previous thread I replied to.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Anyone-have-experience-with-Top-Gun-of-Texas-Midlothian-/8-653691/

mm
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#11]
No, no it isn’t.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top