Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2023 1:06:30 AM EDT
I'm about to rattle can my first rifle and I have been pondering on this. We have pretty different types of vegetation throughout the state, but I'm wondering just how different the "best" camouflages are.

I'm up in NWA if anyone has suggestions. Also, show off stuff you've painted!
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a big part of it depends on the time of year.  

I'm also in NWA, and see a huge difference during spring/summer/fall.  Winter, obviously, is almost desert camo/white.

Multi-cam works well.  Multicam tropic seems good too (lots of verdant green here during the spring/summer).
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit. One of the 5 people who still check this forum replied.

I knew having all 4 seasons would make my artistic project of creating a year-round disappearing rifle difficult.

How does multicam work with dead grass and cars in the yard?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol...not sure about the dead cars.  Multicam works with dead grass and other foliage by blending with the surroundings.  No, not just because "camo" but by taking on the predominant colors in an area.  The rest of the colors make your appearance disperse.

And I'm pretty sure there are 6 people still active on this one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Number six, just checking in, but nothing to contribute to this thread..
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Seven
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Project Screw Up My AR is on, but we had to push the operation start date. I have a plan, and the paint. Now I just need the time.

Any of you other 6 rattle canned any guns? I'm down to make this a picture thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Killface:
Project Screw Up My AR is on, but we had to push the operation start date. I have a plan, and the paint. Now I just need the time.

Any of you other 6 rattle canned any guns? I'm down to make this a picture thread.
View Quote

I painted a FAL one time with a paint brush.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By far_right:

I painted a FAL one time with a paint brush.
View Quote

Yep. I need to see this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 5:31:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NadieLite] [#9]
Hell guess I'm eight
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NadieLite:
Hell guess I'm eight
View Quote

Bruh, you post less than I do. I'm honored to have you here.
Welcome to the shit show.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a FAL done professionally by a local guy.  Cerakoted in multicam tropic.  (The S. African ranger thread got me...)

I rattle canned an AK when I was down in FL.  Seemed too light, but almost lost it when I leaned it against a tree.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Stickjock:
Had a FAL done professionally by a local guy.  Cerakoted in multicam tropic.  (The S. African ranger thread got me...)

I rattle canned an AK when I was down in FL.  Seemed too light, but almost lost it when I leaned it against a tree.
View Quote

Tree or trashcan?

Attachment Attached File

I miss my AK.

Side note. What did you fly in the AF? Feel free to send me an IM if you don't want to broadcast that info to all 8 of us.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Not a pilot, but aircrew on the AC-130U.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Stickjock:
Not a pilot, but aircrew on the AC-130U.

View Quote

Nice.

I was a crew chief on F-16s and F-117.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I run Flecktarn for my plate carrier adn combat top/bottom. My backup is my Woodland MARPAT cammies from my time in the Corps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top