Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:11:38 AM EDT
Martin County Beaches closed last night.

MARTIN COUNTY TO CLOSE COUNTY-OWNED BEACHES AT SUNSET SUNDAY, MARCH 22
To protect the health and well-being of residents and visitors, Martin County will be closing all county-owned beaches to public access until further notice. This does not apply to property owners, residents and visitors at beachfront properties, who may access the beach via private access. The beach closure will go into effect at sunset Sunday, March 22. The closure includes Sand Dune Cafe at Jensen Beach.

Martin County, in partnership with our local law enforcement agencies, made every effort to keep beaches open for residents and visitors to enjoy, requesting that beachgoers continue exercising good hygiene practices as recommended by the CDC and Florida Department of Health, park in designated parking areas and adhere to social distancing guidelines.

However, on Sunday, March 22, county beaches were crowded, creating health hazards, and vehicles were parked outside of designated spaces, creating hazardous conditions for pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Due to the public's refusal to adhere to social distancing guidelines, the county has made the decision to close public access to county-owned beaches for everyone's safety.

Visit www.martin.fl.us/Coronavirus, Martin County’s online resource for information related to COVID-19.

Don't follow Kings law, no beach for you. Waiting for the to close the Sandbar next.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:28:49 AM EDT
In Broward.
Told last night not to come in to work today due to local non-essential mandate.
This was issued last week, but not many followed, included our shop.
Don't know what changed my employers mind.

Scored some steaks yesterday at Aldi...YAY!
BFC
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:40:26 AM EDT
And now, good people, Florida Carry reports that Madame Freid of our vaunted Ag. Dept. has suspended the issuance or re issuance of CCW licenses...............................And all along you thought it was a 'right'!
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:11:14 PM EDT
Word around the office (and apparently all ovee local news though I haven't personally checked) is that the mayor of Tampa is meeting with folks from Hillsborough to discuss shutting the city down. I may finally get sent home (thankfully I can work remote at least). Downtown traffic and garage occupancy is already way down from usual (can we keep this part after the plague goes away?) so i think my company is one of the last holdouts in our building. I'll mostly be glad to be home rather than stuck in the heart of the city if people start getting restless around here...
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:08:02 AM EDT
I just heard on the radio there is a petition going to get the governor to shut the entire state down. Shelter in place for everyone. Fucking crazy shit at this stage in the game. It should be done by county if their numbers get bad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:48:49 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogrunner:
And now, good people, Florida Carry reports that Madame Freid of our vaunted Ag. Dept. has suspended the issuance or re issuance of CCW licenses...............................And all along you thought it was a 'right'!
View Quote

I have no problem with shutting down the Ag. Dept. to keep people safe.  But, DeSantis should issue an EO that everyone can CC until 30 days after it reopens.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:51:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:48:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2020 3:51:06 AM EDT by AcidGambit]
I think shutting things down was a huge mistake. People should have been advised that if you are in the danger demographic (age, health issues) don’t go out. Gov should have issued an EO regarding employment and termination; If you do not feel safe or comfortable going to work, you don’t have to, and they cannot terminate you. Basically, be smart, use some judgement.

I’m still baffled that you can go to Lowes/HD, continence store, Publix, etc. But a bar is somehow going to kill you. The curbside togo  thing doesn’t seem to be work out terribly well here, I don’t see a lot of it going on. Shit, why pay all that money for something that will be cold by the time you get it home.

I can tell you that everyone I know is getting bored, like stir crazy bored. One of my friends had two days off and actually begged his boss to come into work, said he would work for free lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:30:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AcidGambit:
I'm still baffled that you can go to Lowes/HD, continence store, Publix, etc. But a bar is somehow going to kill you. The curbside togo  thing doesn't seem to be work out terribly well here, I don't see a lot of it going on. Shit, why pay all that money for something that will be cold by the time you get it home.
View Quote
I was at Publix this afternoon and there was a guy in the next line asking the same thing. The lines were all full and he asked, "How is this different from a bar or restaurant?" It's just stupid feel-good theatrics like the TSA.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:22:12 AM EDT
Just the other day I went a little north into Georgia. Went to visit someone and we went to get some pizza expecting to have to order out and eat it in the car. There was like 8 people eating inside. I ate inside too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:47:23 AM EDT
Pinellas County just enacted a shelter-in-place measure, effective 11:27am today.  I read it, it's indefinite in duration.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:02:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:52:53 PM EDT
Shoot straight Tampa has cut hours and the range is closed. Even at noon on a Thursday they had a line out the door and guarded by an employee to get in the store. Unsure about conditions inside but it was a goddamn madhouse as of a week ago.

Anyone know where I can still shoot a rifle around the bay area? Tenoroc maybe? Recently got some of that 8M3 x39 and need to make sure my AR and SKS don't hate it like my AK did.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:04:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:05:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CZRider:
Shoot straight Tampa has cut hours and the range is closed. Even at noon on a Thursday they had a line out the door and guarded by an employee to get in the store. Unsure about conditions inside but it was a goddamn madhouse as of a week ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZRider:

Mad Dog Armory in Seminole has become "pickup your online order by appointment" only.

Anyone know where I can still shoot a rifle around the bay area? Tenoroc maybe? Recently got some of that 8M3 x39 and need to make sure my AR and SKS don't hate it like my AK did.

Wyoming Antelope Club is closed for two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:09:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Manatee county just closed all the boat ramps.
View Quote

What's that supposed to accomplish....
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:20:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:

What's that supposed to accomplish....
View Quote
Is there a party spot like most places?
Plus FWC has closed most of its shit iirc.( wmas,ramps etc) possibly part of that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:37:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:03:44 PM EDT
Lovely
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:01:56 PM EDT
I need some time in the woods every 2 or 4 days. For sanity.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top