Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2021 4:20:49 PM EDT
I have a FL Resident CWP. I saw housing prices going through the roof so I sold my house and relocated. The plan is to move back when prices fall again, but if not it’s whatever. I’ve got seasons now.

Is my permit still valid? Do I now have a non resident permit and have to abide by all of the non resident reciprocity in other states?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You can go online and do an address change. It will still be valid for the duration and renewable.

As for your target state, their rules.  And most will want you to get their permit within a certain time before they quit recognizing your out-of-state permit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is my permit still valid? YES- no differentiation between resident and non-resident. Do I now have a non resident permit and have to abide by all of the non resident reciprocity in other states? ABSOLUTELY- you ARE a non-resident of Florida now.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Glad I don’t need to do anything other than update my address to my new state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top