BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2018 10:33:53 AM EDT
Anything?  Haven't heard a word about it
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like a whole lot of not much. According to them, more than 2/3rds of the letters that went out received recertification applications. That said:

Q: What happens if a permit holder does not recertify before the deadline?

A: According to the statute, failure to recertify shall act as a revocation of the permit.  At the same time, until we have had an opportunity to process every submission, we will be unable to confirm who has not recertified and will be unable to transmit that information to the local licensing authorities.  We do not set policy for local law enforcement, but can confirm that the State Police will not take criminal enforcement action against individuals who have unknowingly failed to recertify.
Q: Are the State Police going to continue to accept recertification past the deadline?

A: Yes.  Since the goal of this provision is to improve recordkeeping, the State Police will accept late recertifications.  To ensure accurate recordkeeping, recertifications submitted after the deadline will be tracked separately and categorized as such.
Q: Will permit holders' guns be confiscated if they can't prove they recertified?

A: To be clear, the State Police will not be confiscating weapons from those permit holders who fail to recertify by January 31st. This provision was never intended to be a "Gotcha" for pistol permit holders. It was included in the law that was passed by the legislature and signed by the Governor in order to update the accuracy of both state and local records. To that end, the State Police will continue to accept recertifications throughout 2018 while we continue to update the database.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Hoodfus information is an interesting development
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that all the Jews* are in a central database, instead of being all over the state, it will be much easier to round everyone up when we deem that Jews* are now illegal.

* - replace with any arbitrary trait, item, hobby, religion, or preference that the government decides it doesn't like.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
When I read the memo for the the NY State police SAFE act reg's, it state's that if your handgun permit is revoked, the state police can actually confiscate all of your firearms.
Here is a copy of it;
If a licensee becomes ineligible to hold a pistol permit, the Safe Act requires the person to surrender all firearms to police, including all rifles and shotguns for which no license or registration is required.
This is stated two times and in borderlined bold print, in case you didn't read it the first time.
Your taking a big chance by not registering your handguns.
Will they act on this ?
I've had friends that actually gave up their handgun permit's because of this BS.
One little computer glitch and your fucked.

SJC
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:58:19 AM EDT
[#8]
More accurate record keeping......
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll let you guys know what they threaten to do in May of 2020. Mine was issued in May of 15, I'm moving out of state this June, I figure I should get a letter postmarked to my current address. I know when you move you're supposed to surrender your permit, if they want it they can get a warrant and pick it up at my new location.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A: To be clear, the State Police will not be confiscating weapons from those permit holders who fail to recertify by January 31st. This provision was never intended to be a "Gotcha" for pistol permit holders. It was included in the law that was passed by the legislature and signed by the Governor in order to update the accuracy of both state and local records. To that end, the State Police will continue to accept recertifications throughout 2018 while we continue to update the database.
View Quote
Reading between the lines, it seems as if they recognize the recertification process was a big fail and they are trying to save face.  Unlike the noncompliance with the "AW" registry, in which they can just (incorrectly) assume the guns were modified compliant or moved out of state, they can't deny how many pistol licenses are out there compared to how many re-certified.

Definitely an interesting development for sure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Reading between the lines, it seems as if they recognize the recertification process was a big fail and they are trying to save face.  Unlike the noncompliance with the "AW" registry, in which they can just (incorrectly) assume the guns were modified compliant or moved out of state, they can't deny how many pistol licenses are out there compared to how many re-certified.

Definitely an interesting development for sure.
View Quote
Or this like the 55 MPH speed limit, effectively a permit to pull over anyone they want at will.

No renewed cert?  They get a warrant that covers your entire property and walk in the door and can poke through whatever they want.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#12]
There is a new state attorney general coming in January. Do some research on her and her appointees. Expect the quotes above from the SP  go out the window at some point.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#14]
what ever il douche wants the ag will comply..
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Liberty is the government updating their database of subjects to which they granted permission. I can't wait to take my pension and leave.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
She'll be pretty busy spending 24 hours a day filing frivolous lawsuits against trump
View Quote
Yup. This exactly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup. This exactly.
View Quote
But SGT Stompy isn’t too busy and he hates you.

“We won’t go after the unregistered “.  Uh huh.  Jim Crowe laws were only for blacks.  GCA34 was only for Chicago mafia.  Sullivan was only for the anti-Irish NYC mob.   How did that work out?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Seems like a whole lot of not much. According to them, more than 2/3rds of the letters that went out received recertification applications. That said:

Q: What happens if a permit holder does not recertify before the deadline?

A: According to the statute, failure to recertify shall act as a revocation of the permit.  At the same time, until we have had an opportunity to process every submission, we will be unable to confirm who has not recertified and will be unable to transmit that information to the local licensing authorities.  We do not set policy for local law enforcement, but can confirm that the State Police will not take criminal enforcement action against individuals who have unknowingly failed to recertify.
Q: Are the State Police going to continue to accept recertification past the deadline?

A: Yes.  Since the goal of this provision is to improve recordkeeping, the State Police will accept late recertifications.  To ensure accurate recordkeeping, recertifications submitted after the deadline will be tracked separately and categorized as such.
Q: Will permit holders' guns be confiscated if they can't prove they recertified?

View Quote
Of course it wont be the NYSP going out and seizing peoples guns.
That would detract from their ticket writing.
It will be your local SO's deputies, the ones who normally act on the revocation orders issued by issuing judges in most of NYS
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#19]
And what about somebody who doesn't renew their assault rifle registration?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
And what about somebody who doesn't renew their assault rifle registration?
View Quote
You mean either one of them?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:16:04 PM EDT
[#21]
County pp dept. here will not issue amendments without proof of recert.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Albany County is the same way.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
shocking they cant look it up.. great system...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I’m in Brookhaven town.

What’s this you guys are talking about?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top